2018 MLS Kits

labc93

It’s just a jersey. No need to get upset over it. 

The kits are underwhelming (and I hope the numbers on the black jersey will be gold like their Vela t-shirts are), but I still plan on buying the home jersey. It’s our first one. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The kits are underwhelming (and I hope the numbers on the black jersey will be gold like their Vela t-shirts are), but I still plan on buying the home jersey. It’s our first one. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be getting one. First season is a big deal, totally agree, and we have to rep the club. Just really wish they hadn't made such a hash of it. The kits themselves are fine, so I do not blame the club or Adidas, but it's the red in the YT that kills me. Otherwise I'm actually a fan of them. Just, the YT is killing me. That's it.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

How long you been here?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

It's pretty good, to me at least. Clean, and at least you can actually see the pin-stripes on it (vaguely). I wasn't a fan of the purple sleeves so this is pretty alright. Agree with you on the red though, throw some in with restraint and this is a certified winner. As is it's good though.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Easily fixed.

DWrFL8PXcAAwg97.jpg

You’re 99% of the way there! Just make that play button black inside the gold TV instead of using a white icon. THIS would have been the way to do a simple yet classy black and gold kit. What they ended up with just looks cheap and boring.

So it may just be a coincidence, but all 5 MLS clubs wore 2017 kits in CCL this week, including 2 kits which are not even carrying over to 2018. I wonder if there's some stipulation that the new kits have to debut in MLS. Goalkeepers are wearing the new kits though.

DWnD-mSVQAE6gBu.jpgEnzo Martinez makes a slide tackle against Toronto FC on Tuesday nightDWsO1m0VAAMgqXX.jpgDWsRdghVwAEkGjS.jpg

2 hours ago, nas1787 said:

So it may just be a coincidence, but all 5 MLS clubs wore 2017 kits in CCL this week, including 2 kits which are not even carrying over to 2018. I wonder if there's some stipulation that the new kits have to debut in MLS. Goalkeepers are wearing the new kits though

Wonder if that's the case. Considering all the teams are doing it I'm inclined to think the answer is yes.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Fun fact: Orlando City was originally white with red trim instead of purple. Was changed late in the process.

On 11/6/2017 at 5:02 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

I would really love for Orlando to get a new white jersey with red incorporated. Save the all-purple-all-the-time for the primary.

...Wow. I'm surprised they were actually going to do it. That said, red trim instead of purple would make this a kit that, IMO, is excusable for its blandness due to the red. Now, it's just a plain white and purple shirt.

ExJworW.png

15 hours ago, nas1787 said:

So it may just be a coincidence, but all 5 MLS clubs wore 2017 kits in CCL this week, including 2 kits which are not even carrying over to 2018. I wonder if there's some stipulation that the new kits have to debut in MLS. Goalkeepers are wearing the new kits though.

DWnD-mSVQAE6gBu.jpgEnzo Martinez makes a slide tackle against Toronto FC on Tuesday nightDWsO1m0VAAMgqXX.jpgDWsRdghVwAEkGjS.jpg

DC United has been wearing their new home kits in preseason competitions, including against the Jacksonville Armada. So it looks like a club choice.

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

...Wow. I'm surprised they were actually going to do it. That said, red trim instead of purple would make this a kit that, IMO, is excusable for its blandness due to the red. Now, it's just a plain white and purple shirt.

I suspect there's a divide between those of us who like the weird change kit traditions in global soccer vs. teams that are trying to build a brand. Like I don't blame Orlando, still trying to build a brand, thinking that a change kit without purple might not fit that goal. But damn if it doesn't make for a boring kit rollout.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

49 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

DC United has been wearing their new home kits in preseason competitions, including against the Jacksonville Armada. So it might be a MLS choice or a club choice.

Atlanta, NYCFC, and Philly have all debuted their new kits in preseason games as well, so it’s definitely just up to the teams. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Orlando City secondary officially revealed:

orlando-city-kit+%25282%2529.jpgorlando-city-kit+%25284%2529.jpgorlando-city-kit+%25286%2529.jpg

Not bad, I just feel like the monochrome purple and white leaves a bit to be desired. Some gold accents would’ve been nice, but I really feel like this would’ve been a good opportunity to integrate some subtle touches of red, especially since they’re calling this the “Origin White” kit. Would’ve made sense to incorporate some red since it was a prominent part of their scheme before MLS.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived