2018 MLS Kits

labc93

52 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Not sure I buy that it's a production issue, since each shirt has a dash of team color on the back.

Seems pretty clear that this is a deliberate design.

It's a totally new design and new way to do all the sponsors and details.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TaylorMade said:

At least it's better than the white vs light grey we got last year

los-angeles-galaxy-forward-gyasi-zerdes-

I'd almost wish they do some blue and red pastel colored kits rather than black and white, but to be fair every time they go away from white with these kits they've run into significant issues when they used tonal badging and sponsor logos. It would also make no sense for Columbus to be wearing coral blue while playing Orlando City who's in ocean green. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MLS headache matchup of the week: FC Dallas are inexplicably wearing their blue-white gradient kits away to New England, who are wearing their usual navy blue home kits. The back of the FCD shirt is white, so it's not always as bad as the below view, but why on earth would FCD not just wear their primaries here? Also doesn't help that their keeper is wearing that light gray goalkeeper kit that's barely different than white. The Revs' keeper, blessedly, is wearing red.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Needs a more German name,like Verein für Bewegungsspiele Stuttgart 1893 e. V. (VfB Stuttgart) or,even better,Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 Mönchengladbach e.V. (Borussia Mönchengladbach or just Mönchengladbach)

Rasenballsport Ohio? 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

We finally got to the point where people accept "Football Club" in the MLS, and Cincinnati has to go and take it too far.

Fortunately, we'll only ever call them FC Cincinnati, so it's basically moot. However, if they bring along a mascot in lederhosen, I'm out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

All these contrived euro names and yet not a single MLS team named Athletic or AC _______, which actually would sound okay.

Unless they plan on moving to pro-rel in the next 10 years all this overexpansion is going to kill MLS someday. Between this and bending over backwards to benefit LAG and Toronto over everyone else I’m just about done with this second-rate joke of a league.

Edit: Pre-emptive apology for being a negative nelly 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

59 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Between this and bending over backwards to benefit LAG and Toronto over everyone else I’m just about done with this second-rate joke of a league.

I was going to ignore this but....sorry....did you see Toronto's first 10 years? No bending at all. 

As for Cincy? I echo @DG_Now's comments. Whatever the "FC" stands for: we're still just going to call them FC Cincinnati so it doesn't really matter. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

I was going to ignore this but....sorry....did you see Toronto's first 10 years? No bending at all. 

As for Cincy? I echo @DG_Now's comments. Whatever the "FC" stands for: we're still just going to call them FC Cincinnati so it doesn't really matter. 

My theory on that is TFC was so awful at personnel decisions for so long that MLS let them go wild in pursuit of a title ?.

And it worked since the league in their brilliance let them have 2 USMNT stars even though they are north of the border.

Sorry to veer off topic. I’m looking forward to the announcement of Borussia Austin later this year.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

10 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

My theory on that is TFC was so awful at personnel decisions for so long that MLS let them go wild in pursuit of a title ?.

And it worked since the league in their brilliance let them have 2 USMNT stars even though they are north of the border.

Sorry to veer off topic. I’m looking forward to the announcement of Borussia Austin later this year.

I don't understand this comment here. 

TFC also has an Italian, a Dutchman, a Brazillian, 2 Spaniards, a Congan and, a Liechtensteinian (is that what you call people from Liechtenstein?). Sorry, I just don't understand what you mean. 

Edit: I should clarify. I'm confused by the "in their brilliance" comment. While all players are technically paid by MLS and the league owns all the contracts, TFC pursued obtaining Bradley and Altidore. MLS didn't force TFC to go after them.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived