2018 MLS Kits

labc93

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Timbers wore their gorgeous white/green/white combo last night for just the second time this season:

14d__cmd9973.jpeg

I absolutely love this look, and wish they’d make the green shorts the first choice for their secondaries instead of the white ones.

Pet peeve. The MLS star system is stupid because it causes the silver star to be effectively tonal on a white jersey. Makes the system of having stars stupid if cant be in a colour that shows up.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Pet peeve. The MLS star system is stupid because it causes the silver star to be effectively tonal on a white jersey. Makes the system of having stars stupid if cant be in a colour that shows up.

Yeah, I think the stars should be team-colored instead of silver. I’d keep the big gold star for the reigning champ and the small gold star to signify 5 championships, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, I think the stars should be team-colored instead of silver. I’d keep the big gold star for the reigning champ and the small gold star to signify 5 championships, though.

This.

Though, I'd prefer a winners MLS shield over the yearly gold star. I know MLS has never done it before, but I like seeing it in other leagues.

Id love to see us evolve to a point where only five or so championships will get you a star, but until then the gold ones are good to stay. Though, what happens in the case of Columbus or gold on yellow.

5qWs8RS.png

6 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Though, I'd prefer a winners MLS shield over the yearly gold star. I know MLS has never done it before, but I like seeing it in other leagues.

You mean the scudetto that MLS had or like the EPL gold Championship patch?

20121201RC-Beckham013.jpg%E2%80%8B%E2%80

I'd rather have a Gold MLS crest than the scudetto again.

4 minutes ago, TheEmperor said:

You mean the scudetto that MLS had or like the EPL gold Championship patch?

20121201RC-Beckham013.jpg%E2%80%8B%E2%80

I'd rather have a Gold MLS crest than the scudetto again.

Like Ligue 1/EPL for sure.

Patch-AS-Monaco-champion.jpg

That on the sleeve would be much preferable.

5qWs8RS.png

18 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Like Ligue 1/EPL for sure.

Patch-AS-Monaco-champion.jpg

That on the sleeve would be much preferable.

If the league had one set color for everyone else that would work. But since they switched to the new logo and followed the MLB model for recoloring the MLS shield, it would be a wasted option. That being said, the new EPL Champions logo is worthless because of how the patch is displayed. They should have made it gold and the logos and lettering white. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Special match ball for tonight’s All-Star Game:

mls-ball+%25282%2529.jpgmls-ball+%25281%2529.jpg

This is much nicer and classier than the regular match ball for this season IMO, and obviously way better than the leaked ball for next season. Shame it won’t be used again after tonight.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I liked last years better, but they did look pretty good yesterday. 

Same here. I think the ones last year were great and this years are also very good as well.  I loved the tie back to the '94 US kits last year. I bought one online. It's great.

kaka-mls-all-star-game-real-madrid.jpg?i

I'm debating getting this years as its cool, and just different.

It's just a smidge confusing when the all-star jersey sponsor is the same as a club sponsor. Context is everything but when first looking at these pictures, I assumed they were alternate jerseys for MN United

I would have liked to have seen MLS in mainly red (with blue shorts, perhaps) to give us Juve in their classic stripes.  That would have been a good-looking matchup.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

18 hours ago, OMMF said:

It's just a smidge confusing when the all-star jersey sponsor is the same as a club sponsor. Context is everything but when first looking at these pictures, I assumed they were alternate jerseys for MN United

This is awkward...

Marco-Asensio.jpg

Mesut-Ozil-685963.jpg

244229-large.jpg

carlos-mendes-new-york-cosmos-nasl-04132

5a2e63deaabd42b2a7000001.jpg

jonas_new.jpg?h=742&la=pt-PT&w=1320&v=63

Buy-AC-Milan-Football-Tickets-FootballTi

Edit- I should clarify that I’m joking and don’t think it matters if these clubs have the same sponsor.

11 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Really should be a rule that a sponsor can only sponsor one shirt/club. 

Maybe per league, I can see that (thought BMO on the Impact and TFC shirts really doesn't bug me). 

But the above examples are all very distinguishable looks and I don't confuse the teams due to the sponsors. 

Edit: in fact, it's kind of funny, sometimes it's just the opposite for me. I'm still not used to Phillips not being on the PSV jerseys.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I dissagre with you, when you looking at white Real jersey you don't think "Oh this is a Fly Emirates team" or red Man United "Oh this is a Chevrolet team". First you see club then sponsor. Ok some sponsors are heavily related with club like Sharp with United, Carlsberg with Liverpool, Reebok with Bolton, Abn Amro with Ajax, etc. but this is an other case.

4r2eer.png

13 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Two more great examples highlighted here of how shirt sponsors ruin the aesthetic of soccer (or any sport). People think of the sponsor before they think of the club.

I disagree. A large blank space in the middle of the jersey looks worse than having a sponsor there. It's how the sponsor is displayed that can take away from the shirt though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived