2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

NYCFC tweeted this, which many of us have taken as a clue about the new change kit:

Based on all the clues floating around, it seems like the new change kit will be mainly slate/navy with white and light blue trim. Could make for a really interesting look.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

A little torn on that NYCFC tease -- love that color scheme and MLS could use more gray, but that particular color scheme looks a little bit Minnesota United to me. Interesting in general that it seems like the kits are coming much earlier this year than they have in recent years. Getting ahead of leaks for a change? Or maybe they've got the manufacturing logistics a little more sound this time?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

A little torn on that NYCFC tease -- love that color scheme and MLS could use more gray, but that particular color scheme looks a little bit Minnesota United to me. Interesting in general that it seems like the kits are coming much earlier this year than they have in recent years. Getting ahead of leaks for a change? Or maybe they've got the manufacturing logistics a little more sound this time?

That's my concern with these designs. My 2016 MNUFC season ticket scarf is almost those identical colors. The grey is just a hair lighter, but very similar. 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:05 AM, Gothamite said:

I think it is.

0dzoaLG.png

Good diverse palette, not a huge over-reliance on either navy or black.

I think there's only one true clunker in the league, that 1990s crayola badge right in the middle.  And there's one truly awful name, if not identity, in Salt Lake.  But that's pretty damn good.

And considering these are the two frontrunners to join, it might only get better.

vGRYhYK.png

Yeah, the MLS has to be the best US league design wise. Of course, New England throws it off. But look at the improvements since ‘96. It’s incredible! 

When the MLS came about, most teams had looks that are an afterthought now. But how about names like Metrostars, Mutiny, Clas and Burn? Those names sound like extreme lacrosse league names. And some teams still have that. The Crew? Revolution? But the MLS has made significant strides in the right direction. Hope they can keep it going. 

Oh yeah. Then there was The Kansas City “WIZ”

Archived