NBA Football

NH4

So it's been a while since I posted but I have been working on a project for the last few months, took some time off, and came back to it. Well my new project is this, NBA teams as football teams. 

This idea came because I saw the new Timberwolves logo and thought that would look really good on a helmet, just like the old Michigan Panthers helmet. Well I put it on the helmet and then I realized there hasn't been a true concept on these boards in awhile since JPDesigns awesome thread a few years ago. With Nike's takeover of the NBA, I thought this was the perfect time to start a new one.

I will be releasing each team alphabetically with the exception of the first team (the Minnesota Timberwolves). Just a few things about the thread that I feel like should be explained:

-This is not an "edit the uniform" thread. This is basically just translating the uniforms on to a football uniform. Even though I hate some of the uniforms, I will not edit them.

-Some uniforms will have basketballs in the logos because changing the basketball will change the logo. 

-NO JERSEY ADS. I hate hate hate the idea of them and wished the NBA never had them

-One helmet rule does not apply (unlike the NFL). But for the most part, each team will only have 1 helmet.

-The Home (Association?), Away (I don't know the stupid name for the away jerseys), and Alternates (statement) jerseys are all done

-I created some alternate jerseys that may or may not be used by teams in real life

-Once the 2nd alts (Community) jerseys come out I will be adding those

-The teams that have unveiled throwbacks, I have completed. I even have completed some fan favorite throwbacks

So here is the team that peaked my interest

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

5a036b5e05887_HomeReal.thumb.png.c407bdfde7430c996207cbd1634a704a.png

5a036b3a55d63_AwayReal.thumb.png.cb49595e9fbcbb7622923562de6ed55a.png

5a036b290632e_AltReal.thumb.png.93d26fbed6db3898dcf7384153806498.png

HELMET: -Just like I said, I thought given the Michigan Panthers treatment to the logo, the helmet would be really cool

-Normal glossy blue helmet and facemask

-Wolf is howling at the star, just like the logo

JERSEY: -Took the torso/shoulder stripes and put them on the shoulder caps

-"WOLVES" on all 3 jerseys. I couldn't find a "MINNESOTA wordmark that was the same

PANTS: -Same stripe, just flipped

-Changed the coloring of the stripe on the blue pants that are worn with the green jersey. 

-Light blue pants would not be worn with the green jersey, and the green pants would not be worn with the blue or white jersey

THROWBACK 

Throwback.thumb.png.bfd9c89312abf87d2200bad00d27c885.png

I had high hopes that the new uniforms would encompass and hearken back to the KG era uniforms. I was disappointed but I thought why not make the old uniforms then. 

Tree design on the collar and sleeve cuffs, just like the real jerseys

I also created some concepts about what I thought the uniforms would look like before they unveiled them. I had the same idea as everyone else did, they would bring back the tree theme. Well they didn't, but I thought I would still show them on here.

CONCEPT UNIFORMS

Home.thumb.png.c75929a054ac659ee83eb98736b7adbf.png

Away.thumb.png.93c484e42d5a8c446607196c19dffd0f.png

Hopefully you guys like these concepts. And if not I always look forward to hearing the C&C. 

I will try to have a team up every day and the next team will be the Atlanta Hawks. Thanks guys

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks really good but i wood suggest to make the white stripes on the association and icon green, since there is no green really anywhere else (yes, I know there is no green in the basketball jerseys, but the whole point is that sucks, so you can change the future)

Image result for squidward future gif

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Ooooh!  This is a great idea!  I designed some "MLB as NBA" uniforms in MS Paint, but they were ultimately too crude to show.  I'm definitely interested to see where this goes.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

2 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

It looks really good but i wood suggest to make the white stripes on the association and icon green, since there is no green really anywhere else (yes, I know there is no green in the basketball jerseys, but the whole point is that sucks, so you can change the future)

Image result for squidward future gif

Yeah the lack of green was one of the things I hated about the new jerseys but like I said, I won't be editing any uniforms even if I hate the designs, like this. 

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

Really nice job. Love what you did with the T-Wolves. Also, looking at those makes me think that that would be a pretty good look for the Seahawks.

Haha that's exactly what I thought too. Especially the green uniforms looks like the Seahawks color rush uniforms

44 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Will be following this closely. Very nice uniforms. Love the home and away, although the alt is tough to look at (BRIGHT) it still is well executed. Nice work, although I would have loved an alternate silver helmet. 

Yeah I tried to get the green to match the actual green in the real jerseys, which are really bright. And I was thinking about a silver helmet but the lack of silver on the uniforms really diminished that idea.

Thanks for the comments guys. On to the next team

ATLANTA HAWKS

Home.thumb.png.6b8092d8cc20e486935d093bd99f6d48.png

Away.thumb.png.11e71a16d90a9a70d310f58128aaabda.png

Alt.thumb.png.c5773280b1473465a4c1eceb3035266b.png

DESIGN: -Triangle pattern all around. But toned down to just in the stripes

-Stripes match the short stripes

-White jersey numbers now match the font color

HELMET: -Red satin helmet

-Big hawk logo that connects in the back (I know the last 2 helmets have had big logos but I promise they won't all have that)

-Stripe ends where the hawk is

JERSEYS: -Stripes outline the sleeve caps

-Triangle pattern in the sleeve caps

PANTS: -Red, white, and black pants

-Stripes with the triangle pattern on each 

THROWBACK

5a04f2faef02c_1970sThrowback.thumb.png.749ebe0b40914c5ae3ea5a848696127e.png

I know this is not the throwback they unveiled for this season, but this is my favorite Hawks throwback.

I tried to recreate the unique stripe on the jersey and this is the best I could come up with. It still looks old but with a twist, just like the real jerseys.

Thanks for looking guys and C&C is appreciated like always! 

2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Wow! I think I am in the minority, but I love the Hawks basketball unis. You did a great job making those into good looking football jerseys. Hawks helmets remind me of the Seahawks helmets, almost identical. Great work! 

Yeah the Seahawks were huge inspiration for the Hawks. Glad someone noticed and glad you like them.

Just an observation, but have you tried swapping the black and white on the helmets, i feel like a white hawk would better show, and it matches the logo better, seeing as though its red and white

Edit: Oh and I absolutely adore those throwbacks, they are stunning.:rolleyes:

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'd like to see even less of an emphasis on volt.  Just use it like the Seahawks (with the exception of those monstrosities they're wearing as we speak).

Not so big on these, although that stems from the fact that their real uniforms are AWFUL.  But I don't like the helmet stripe.  It makes it just a bit too much.

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Just an observation, but have you tried swapping the black and white on the helmets, i feel like a white hawk would better show, and it matches the logo better, seeing as though its red and white

Edit: Oh and I absolutely adore those throwbacks, they are stunning.:rolleyes:

The reason I didn't have a white logo was because there's no white on the uniforms but here it is with the white logo and facemask. I also eliminated the helmet stripe because it stood out too much. Oh and thanks about the throwback. I'm really glad they turned out good.

5a05e1257aef4_HomeWhiteLogoNoStripe.thumb.png.8ba49e48ca9cf6fc94a26db87cd37609.png

12 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I'd like to see even less of an emphasis on volt.  Just use it like the Seahawks (with the exception of those monstrosities they're wearing as we speak).

Not so big on these, although that stems from the fact that their real uniforms are AWFUL.  But I don't like the helmet stripe.  It makes it just a bit too much.

I don't like the volt color either but that's what they have in their real uniforms.And I agree, I don't like the real uniforms either. And here is the helmet without the stripe

5a05e131c6493_HomeBlackLogoNoStripe.thumb.png.1023cc305f0bc023985eae21be0f7232.png

That's better.  But I feel it could use a volt outline, if only to match up with the rest of the set.

What I meant about minimizing the volt was make it solely a trim color.  No volt numbers or wordmarks.

So I guess that Color Rush is out of the picture?

Archived