NBA Football

NH4

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, Ben5 said:

Remember, most real NFL teams (and college teams, for that matter) use traditional helmet logos. Not all of them have to be oversized and hyper-modern.

Yeah I have 3 teams that have oversized logos and it was just coincidence that the first 2 teams had oversize logos. Thanks for the reminder though.

On 11/10/2017 at 4:55 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

That's better.  But I feel it could use a volt outline, if only to match up with the rest of the set.

What I meant about minimizing the volt was make it solely a trim color.  No volt numbers or wordmarks.

So I guess that Color Rush is out of the picture?

Here's the helmet with a volt outline:

HLVr6sh.png

About Color Rush, I'm not a big fan of the Color Rush uniforms so I have not made those uniforms here. But some combinations might turn into a Color Rush combo.

And here is a more traditional team, the Boston Celtics

BOSTON CELTICS

On5HWhM.png

ad24plN.png

DESIGN: -Classic double stripe all around the uniform.

HELMET: -White helmet with a gray facemask

-Shamrock on the helmet (I thought it could be iconic like the Dallas Cowboys star)

-Double stripe 

JERSEY: -UCLA stripes

-No name on the front, just a classic looking jersey

PANTS: -Double stripe on the pants

-Green and white pants. White are the primary pants with green being mixed in here and there.

ALTERNATE

ojgSgLZg.png

-Recreated the black statement uniform

-Black helmet. A white helmet with a black shamrock didn't look good at all. Neither a green shamrock with a black outline

-Metallic green logo and green facemask

-Basically the white jersey but replace the white with black.

Thanks for looking guys and C&C is greatly appreciated.

On 11/13/2017 at 2:16 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

Lookin' good.  Green facemasks would be the only thing I would change.

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Lookin good! I love the black statement uniform, even though it is a bad case of BFBS. I would like to see a green facemask, but I wouldn’t mess with it. 

Here's how the green facemask would look:

7ZPvnIs.png

Even though a gray facemask captures the old school feel I was looking for, I got to say I kinda love the green facemask

Guest darkpiranha

I was rolling my eyes at another league-to-league conversion, but these are all stunning so far.  Many props.  Only suggestion so far is that I wonder what it would look like if the brown of the basketball was incorporated into the uniform somehow.  I know that the basketball team doesn't use brown anywhere on the unis, but football unis have helmets and gloves and facemasks, and so many more places to sneak in some extra colors.  Right now, it's the Jets.  

Perhaps the Celtics throwback would go all the way back to the leather helmet era, and they can have something like the Steelers and Packers have where brown would be less heretical. 

14 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I was rolling my eyes at another league-to-league conversion, but these are all stunning so far.  Many props.  Only suggestion so far is that I wonder what it would look like if the brown of the basketball was incorporated into the uniform somehow.  I know that the basketball team doesn't use brown anywhere on the unis, but football unis have helmets and gloves and facemasks, and so many more places to sneak in some extra colors.  Right now, it's the Jets.  

Perhaps the Celtics throwback would go all the way back to the leather helmet era, and they can have something like the Steelers and Packers have where brown would be less heretical. 

Thanks I appreciate it. And I'm a little confused on what you mean by adding the brown from the basketball onto the jerseys? And I never thought of doing throwback leather helmets but with old teams like the Celtics, Knicks, Lakers, or 76ers maybe that's something I'll look into too. It would be really interesting.

Guest darkpiranha
22 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Thanks I appreciate it. And I'm a little confused on what you mean by adding the brown from the basketball onto the jerseys? And I never thought of doing throwback leather helmets but with old teams like the Celtics, Knicks, Lakers, or 76ers maybe that's something I'll look into too. It would be really interesting.

Basically, just adding some brown highlights or edge striping or something on the uniforms somewhere.  The brown (or dark orange) of the basketball.   I've always found the splash of brown/orange from the basketball was an interesting addition to the Celtics color scheme and doesn't get incorporated enough (at all) in their uniforms.  Green and white is traditional for them, obviously, but experimentation never hurts.  Anyway, I was just thinking something like brown trim on the numbers, or brown sleeves, or a stripe on the socks.  

Archived