NBA Football

NH4

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

Basically, just adding some brown highlights or edge striping or something on the uniforms somewhere.  The brown (or dark orange) of the basketball.   I've always found the splash of brown/orange from the basketball was an interesting addition to the Celtics color scheme and doesn't get incorporated enough (at all) in their uniforms.  Green and white is traditional for them, obviously, but experimentation never hurts.  Anyway, I was just thinking something like brown trim on the numbers, or brown sleeves, or a stripe on the socks.  

Ok yeah that makes sense. It would be very interesting to see how they'd look for sure. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright so I guess I'll move onto the next team, the Nets

BROOKLYN NETS

6d2fPZh.png

FXgj3mo.png

DESIGN: -The most boring team gets even more boring being on a football uniform

-Chevron stripe is the only element on the jersey

HELMET: -Glossy black helmet with a white facemask

-Shield logo (I had trouble deciding which logo but the shield with "NETS" reminded me of the Jets helmet logo)

JERSEY: -"BROOKLYN" on the front of both jerseys

-Only design is the collar and cuff being colored

PANTS: -White and black with the stripe

STATEMENT

3IZG7vY.png 

-Black helmet, anthracite facemask

-Anthracite uniform

-3 Stars on the inside of the stripe

-BKLYN on the front

Thanks for looking guys and the Charlotte Hornets are up next.

Seeing as I want to get a team up everyday and I have my only free time of the day right now, I'll upload Charlotte

CHARLOTTE HORNETS

0jUesR4.png

jR913AU.png

EESjHll.png

DESIGN: -Took the stripes and placed them horizontally on the sleeve cap

-Stripes only on the left side. Like the real jerseys

-Jordan logo, not Nike. Though if Michigan, North Carolina, and soon to be Oklahoma could have it for football, why not here

HELMET: -Didn't know which logo to use but then I realized they used the flying hornet on the shorts, so I used that

-Glossy teal helmet

JERSEY: -Horizontal stripes, left side only

-"HORNETS" on both home and away jersey, like the real ones

-"CHARLOTTE" on the purple jersey, like the real one

-Flying hornet on the right side

PANTS: -White, teal, and purple pants

-Again, stripe on left side, hornet would be on the right side

THROWBACK

No15UL5.png

-Based this one off the one just released (thicker and less pinstripes)

-Pinstripes on just the jersey, like the real ones

-Glossy teal helmet, white facemask

-Hugo without a ball as the logos

-White pants. I thought an all teal look would be too much

Thanks guys for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated

Brooklyn looks sharp.  I feel like the only person in the world who likes their black and white look.

Charlotte's pant stripes are WAY too thick.  The throwback is bizarre, of course, and simply removing Hugo's basketball makes him look like he's waving angrily at something.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

21 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Brooklyn looks sharp.  I feel like the only person in the world who likes their black and white look.

Charlotte's pant stripes are WAY too thick.  The throwback is bizarre, of course, and simply removing Hugo's basketball makes him look like he's waving angrily at something.

Hugo is trying to get the attention of the aggressive jerk who cut him off in traffic. 

As for the Nets, I don't personally dislike their current look. I've really come to appreciate their font in particular, and their logo, plain as it is, has a classic look/feel to it. However, I'd like them to incorporate another color: navy, orange, yellow, powder blue, hot pink, metallic gold, copper, teal...anything but silver, red or royal blue.

3 hours ago, natolian10 said:

Seeing as I want to get a team up everyday and I have my only free time of the day right now, I'll upload Charlotte

CHARLOTTE HORNETS

0jUesR4.png

jR913AU.png

EESjHll.png

DESIGN: -Took the stripes and placed them horizontally on the sleeve cap

-Stripes only on the left side. Like the real jerseys

-Jordan logo, not Nike. Though if Michigan, North Carolina, and soon to be Oklahoma could have it for football, why not here

HELMET: -Didn't know which logo to use but then I realized they used the flying hornet on the shorts, so I used that

-Glossy teal helmet

JERSEY: -Horizontal stripes, left side only

-"HORNETS" on both home and away jersey, like the real ones

-"CHARLOTTE" on the purple jersey, like the real one

-Flying hornet on the right side

PANTS: -White, teal, and purple pants

-Again, stripe on left side, hornet would be on the right side

THROWBACK

No15UL5.png

-Based this one off the one just released (thicker and less pinstripes)

-Pinstripes on just the jersey, like the real ones

-Glossy teal helmet, white facemask

-Hugo without a ball as the logos

-White pants. I thought an all teal look would be too much

Thanks guys for looking and as always C&C is greatly appreciated

While I agree with Danny that its appearance is bizarre, I personally like the throwback...it's fun to see those weird top-only pinstripes on a football uniform.

On 11/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

On 11/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

I would definitely make the pants stripes for the Hornets thinner. Looks good though. Big fan of the asymmetry. 

Here's pants with a thinner stripe

u1wpzcc.png

vOWzn8U.png

6hFCY8L.png

On 11/18/2017 at 9:49 AM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Really good job on the Hornets. Not sure why the throwbacks have white pants, though. The real unis use teal. Otherwise, really well done!

Here's teal pants

mzUoxYBg.png

On 11/18/2017 at 11:45 AM, DNAsports said:

For the throwback, how would it look if you moved the stripes to the shoulders UCLA style? The right shoulder has the light and dark blue(purple?), the left has the green and blue.

I never thought of  the UCLA stripes but here they are:

uWAcl4t.png

Here's the next team, the Chicago Bulls

CHICAGO BULLS

laodv8Z.png

LmundM1.png

AsIwcgv.png

DESIGN: -Stripe design from the shorts and jersey cuffs

-Diamond design from shorts onto the sleeve cap. I had to adjust the size and shape a little bit

HELMET: -Normal glossy red helmet

-The logo was an issue for me with it being a majority red logo on a red helmet. I tried a white outline but the horns got lost. 

-Red stripe design

JERSEYS: -Diamond pattern on sleeve caps

-No wordmark. Another classic design that I felt did not need one

PANTS: -Red, white, and black pants.

-All interchangeable but the black pants are primarily for the black jersey 

On 11/9/2017 at 7:46 PM, natolian10 said:

Thanks for the comments guys. On to the next team

ATLANTA HAWKS

Home.thumb.png.6b8092d8cc20e486935d093bd99f6d48.png

Away.thumb.png.11e71a16d90a9a70d310f58128aaabda.png

Alt.thumb.png.c5773280b1473465a4c1eceb3035266b.png

DESIGN: -Triangle pattern all around. But toned down to just in the stripes

-Stripes match the short stripes

-White jersey numbers now match the font color

HELMET: -Red satin helmet

-Big hawk logo that connects in the back (I know the last 2 helmets have had big logos but I promise they won't all have that)

-Stripe ends where the hawk is

JERSEYS: -Stripes outline the sleeve caps

-Triangle pattern in the sleeve caps

PANTS: -Red, white, and black pants

-Stripes with the triangle pattern on each 

THROWBACK

5a04f2faef02c_1970sThrowback.thumb.png.749ebe0b40914c5ae3ea5a848696127e.png

I know this is not the throwback they unveiled for this season, but this is my favorite Hawks throwback.

I tried to recreate the unique stripe on the jersey and this is the best I could come up with. It still looks old but with a twist, just like the real jerseys.

Thanks for looking guys and C&C is appreciated like always! 

Excellent job on the helmets. The satin red looks great!

On 11/23/2017 at 2:14 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

These look excellent, despite my hatred of double-outline.  My only complaint is that the red bull on the red helmet looks strange.

Thanks! And yeah the logo was hard because I didn't want to recolor it but adding more outlines made it look weird so that's the best I could come up with.

So a little update as to why I haven't posted in awhile. I took a few days off because of Thanksgiving but over the weekend my house at college was broken into and robbed. I got my backpack stolen which had my laptop in there. I still have the pictures uploaded to imgur but editing them might take more time than before. I'm lucky to be in college where I still have access to a computer and photoshop but all my saved files are gone. Luckily I sent files of the templates to my email so I still have something to work with. I'm working to get my computer back but for now the edits will be coming in slower. Thanks guys and I hope you understand. As for the next team, the Cleveland Cavaliers

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

CPqz21y.png

VsAYLH9.png

So a quick rant for a second. If there could be a team to have an identity crisis in the first year of having a uniform, it's the Cavs. The white uniforms I love because they're simple yet modern and the colors balance out great. But the wine uniforms are so unbalanced color wise. The inclusion of blue doesn't make sense. The numbers are almost un-readable, the fact that there is no blue on the white uniform but there is a lot on the wine is atrocious. But none the less they chose that and that's what I have to go off of.

DESIGN: -This translation was hard because I didn't know where or how to put the side stripe on the jersey. But I figured the side would have to do because no other place worked

-Gold stripe on both jerseys just like the real ones

-Numbers and colors match (even if I don't like them)

-Numbers are a little skewed weird because they were taken from a picture and not a simple font.

HELMET: -Plain satin wine helmet

-Big C. Just like the bulls I had trouble with finding a good color to make the logo. I tried the sword logo but the dimensions didn't work. 

JERSEY: -Stripe on the side

-Cuff and collar colors match the real ones

-CAVS on home and CLEVELAND on away

PANTS: -Stripe on each of the pants

-Inclusion of blue pants for the home only

-Moved the C logo from the bottom of the shorts to the hip

STATEMENT

eEkWIga.png

-A simple translation of their new black uniform

-A matte black helmet to go along with the jersey

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

Question regarding the Cavs' helmet. What does the other side look like? Because its a letter, you can't just reverse the logo. It's not exactly symmetrical since it has an oblong shape with a distinct hook coming out the back. It wouldn't fill the same space the way the Packers "G" or Bears "C" does. Maybe put a number on the other side? Sword on a diagonal?

...No team really needs FIVE pairs of pants.

7 hours ago, natolian10 said:

So a quick rant for a second. If there could be a team to have an identity crisis in the first year of having a uniform, it's the Cavs. The white uniforms I love because they're simple yet modern and the colors balance out great. But the wine uniforms are so unbalanced color wise. The inclusion of blue doesn't make sense. The numbers are almost un-readable, the fact that there is no blue on the white uniform but there is a lot on the wine is atrocious.

YES.  My sentiments exactly.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

On 11/28/2017 at 9:28 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Question regarding the Cavs' helmet. What does the other side look like? Because its a letter, you can't just reverse the logo. It's not exactly symmetrical since it has an oblong shape with a distinct hook coming out the back. It wouldn't fill the same space the way the Packers "G" or Bears "C" does. Maybe put a number on the other side? Sword on a diagonal?

I never thought of the negative space but I would just have the C on the other side.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:27 PM, Danny the Sheeb said:

...No team really needs FIVE pairs of pants.

YES.  My sentiments exactly.

Yeah I wasn't going to include the navy pants but I thought they looked good with the home uniforms. Plus I'm sure Lebron, being Nike's poster child,  would want as many pants, jerseys, helmets anything he wanted. He did this with his high school football team.

Alright so Dallas was the team I was working on when my laptop got stolen so I'll skip them for now. In the mean time the Denver Nuggets:

DENVER NUGGETS

lKo2c3F.png

iCcm3o9.png

I really hate how they demoted sky blue to a secondary color and promoted navy blue. There are too many navy teams in the NBA especially with the pacers being navy and gold.

DESIGN: -Stripe from the side of the uniform

HELMET: -Navy helmet and gold facemask

-Stripe on the helmet

-Pick-axe logo without the circle for the logo

JERSEY: -Stripe on the shoulder cap

PANTS: -Three pants with the stripe

STATEMENT

fWQ7xNZ.jpg

I hate how the new uniform  made the skyline white and moved the alternating color blocks to the side. But I had to give it the proper treatment here.

-Colored blocks on the helmet as the stripe

-White skyline on the shoulder caps. Thought they would look better here on a football jersey than across the front

-Colored blocks on the pants. They are a little thick but I wanted to keep them as close to the thickness of the real ones as possible

Thanks for looking guys and as always C&C is appreciated!

Archived