buzzcut

College Basketball 2017-18: Road to the Alamo

aVOSkIC.gif

Unreal.  UVA dogged it so much the last couple minutes.  Shameful.  That said, historic showing for USMBCHABSCUVAWGHIOSWGC.  

Buffalo: We bustin brackets!

UMBC: HOLD MY BEER!

Also Virginia was the number 1 overall seed in the tournament. UMBC is the 63rd. Let that sink in.

DYdepHlUMAA4Xqm.jpg:large

I’ve wanted to see this for years but as it became evident it was going to happen I kinda felt bad for UVA.  I have a buddy who thinks Bennett better look for work in the NBA because he’ll never live this down in college hoops.

That Lyles guy could not miss.

I am so happy right now!

I thought UVA’s style of play might hurt them in the later rounds, but not this early. That said, UMBC was red hot, their guys weren’t missing.

Sorry not sorry, UVA. 

I thought this would happen eventually with the one-and-dones taking a toll on a lot of major programs, especially when it comes to situational awareness and maturity. Never would have thought it'd happen to Virginia of all teams. 

I didn't really believe in Virginia as a legit title contender, but man, never saw that happening. 

The cockroaches that are Syracuse will survive and advance.

23 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

College basketball is stupid, and the NCAA Tournament is HANDS DOWN the most overrated sporting event in the history of mankind.

Still think college basketball is stupid and the NCAA Tournament is the most overrated sporting event? B)

Yes. 

27 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I’ve wanted to see this for years but as it became evident it was going to happen I kinda felt bad for UVA.  I have a buddy who thinks Bennett better look for work in the NBA because he’ll never live this down in college hoops.

I can't see him getting an NBA job just because of his gimmicky offensive and defensive systems. It would be like an NFL team hiring Paul Johnson to try to run the triple option.

24 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Yes. 

Agreed. In 2018, it's terrible basketball played by people who don't want to be there. It's dumb.

6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Agreed. In 2018, it's terrible basketball played by people who don't want to be there. It's dumb.

are you talking about the NCAA tournament or the NIT?