CCSLC Image Uploads

LMU

Effective immediately images will no longer be able to be directly uploaded to the CCSLC.  Any images posted on the board must be hosted on a third-party site (imgur, flickr, etc).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

This really stinks. Can I ask what the reasoning is behind the change?

Never mind,  found it and I understand, although it still stinks.

I'd rather images be hosted externally where at least they stay there rather than having them pruned after a year, so when you go back there's just dead links.

I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did, so while it's an inconvenience now, it's an understandable one and I think complaining about it is pretty lousy.

Still struggling with imgur for mobile, but once I figure that out or some other easier solution for uploading from mobile then it'll be no big deal, just a couple extra clicks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, CC97 said:

The images alone were using up so much space it was costing me personally an extra $2,500 every year just to keep that feature. I had to kill it.

Woah....That's a lot to shell out for images. Totally agree with your decision. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

13 hours ago, CC97 said:

The images alone were using up so much space it was costing me personally an extra $2,500 every year just to keep that feature. I had to kill it.

:o

Yeah. That needed to be killed dead.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 11/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, CC97 said:

Completely understood. 

Would it be possible at the beginning of  your annual billing cycle to institute a CCSLC Go Fund Me (or any other donation drive) for say 2 weeks to a months and lets us as members donate to that $2,500? I'd be more than happy to donate to that.  (If we don't hit $2,500 we don't get that bonus feature for a year). 

500 members donate $5 were there

250 members donate $10 were there

I completely understand if the answer is a hard no (because it might be a bigger hassle that I assume), but after years of FREE enjoyment, entertainment and information from the CCSLC I'd be more than happy to kick in some cash. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

On 11/22/2017 at 10:13 AM, dfwabel said:

I think that donors would be asking for "favors" if s/he gave $$$.  A decade ago when all could donate seemed that way, especially when one need could see how much one paid.

I don't recall anyone ever asking for anything after a donation; there was one instance of a user making a large donation shortly after their account was banned but it didn't reverse the decision.  Any perceived favouritism that may have occurred after a donation would have been completely unintentional/subconscious... but I'm sure it happened. That time feels like a hundred years ago now. 

I do agree with you though, I'd hate for that perception to return. Donations would be great, I'm not going to lie, but I don't think we're quite at the point (yet... could be within a year or so) where it's necessary to keep things up and running.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

We should have sponsors for each section of the board and give them logos.  We could change it up each year and it would fit the spirit of the board.  

“The 2018 Tostitos Lounge”

”Concepts:  Driven By Hyundai”

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sports in General - the OFFICIAL forum of the Sports e-Cyclopedia. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm down for a donation process to be set up. It doesn't have to be mandatory, but it could be like the Wikipedia drive, where a banner is put somewhere near the top of the page, and people can kick in some cash. There could be some kind of incentive, like some special feature or something, but I think keeping these boards alive is important enough.

Regardless, the loss of this is a blow to me. I hate having to upload to Imgur and whatnot, and just having everything hosted on the boards was easier. It makes sense from Chris' standpoint, though.

53 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

What happened to all the perviously posted images? I've noticed in my "Football in Japan" thread that every picture prior to September 7th, 2016 is gone. Any way to get them back?

As I posted in another thread, in order to get the server bill under control, some older attachments had to be removed from the server. Anything uploaded between Jan. 1, 2016 and Aug. 31, 2016 has been removed from the server, but those files were backed up and are available upon request.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

As I posted in another thread, in order to get the server bill under control, some older attachments had to be removed from the server. Anything uploaded between Jan. 1, 2016 and Aug. 31, 2016 has been removed from the server, but those files were backed up and are available upon request.

Sorry I didn't see anything in another thread. But for those images that are backed up, could you or someone help me retrieve them?

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Is there any way to post captures off of my XBox App into a thread? I'd like to show some uniform combinations from Madden.

I'd assume one of two things would work. I've never had a Xbox, so I'm guessing here. 

A. Save to a flash drive, and upload from a computer like normal to a third party. 

B; OneDrive might save the pics to the cloud, where you can attach like above 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived