LOGOLYMPIAD 2017 - EVENT 3 - Alternate Uniform

pollux

2LXJFkB.png

KkXDDQU.png

For this event, you have to create an alternate uniform for one of the active teams from the Pacific Coast League.

Requirements

• You must use an existing logo or wordmark from the chosen team. It can be the primary logo, or any secondary logo associated to the team.
  • You must work with the existing colors for the team. Do not add a completely new color.
  • Sublimation is allowed. This means a darker shade of an existing color is allowed.
  • You must submit at the minimum a jersey, pants, and a cap for your alternate uniform.
  • The front and the back of the jersey must be displayed in your submission.
  • Use a template showing the set as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.
  • Include the current primary logo in your submission as a reference. The primary logo should not take more than 150px by 150px on the template, as it is not the focus of the work here.

Deadline: November 20th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Guidelines for submitting your entry

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• pollux pinned this topic

When you say "... or any secondary logo associated to the team." Does secondary logo/mark used need to be from the CCSLC link you provided, or can I used something the team has used on their website, promo items, casual apparel sold in their store? 

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

3 hours ago, Frenchie said:

When you say "... or any secondary logo associated to the team." Does secondary logo/mark used need to be from the CCSLC link you provided, or can I used something the team has used on their website, promo items, casual apparel sold in their store? 

Since I cannot know all logos, the only logos allowed are the ones appearing on the CCSLC website. It will be easier for me to know whether the logo is allowed or not.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Just now, pollux said:

Since I cannot know all logos, the only logos allowed are the ones appearing on the CCSLC website. It will be easier for me to know whether the logo is allowed or not.

I was expecting that answer... but hoping anything we could link from the official website could be acceptable.

But I will say that you have set rules, they are clear, and they are fair! 

Thanks for running the Logolympiads!!! 

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The event is now over! The voting thread will be set up shortly.

• pollux unpinned this topic
  • LMU locked this topic

Archived