And also, Balu the Bare's Logolympiad Portfolio!

Balu the Bare

This one isn't going to be as extensive as the others since I'm unable to participate in all of the events, but I would like some feedback on the events I did enter into. I'm a beginner and mostly self-taught so I need all the help I can get. Be blunt, be brutal. 

EVENT 1

I wanted to go with something a little different in shape and style, but I think I swung and missed pretty hard here. Since I started with the acronym I had a hard time figuring out how to make the full text look good within the boundaries I had already set and it shows. Also, looking at the silhouette I used, it looks more like basketball in football pads than a depiction of "the catch." Anyway, what do you think?

4 minutes ago, Balu the Bare said:

This one isn't going to be as extensive as the others since I'm unable to participate in all of the events, but I would like some feedback on the events I did enter into. I'm a beginner and mostly self-taught so I need all the help I can get. Be blunt, be brutal. 

EVENT 1

I wanted to go with something a little different in shape and style, but I think I swung and missed pretty hard here. Since I started with the acronym I had a hard time figuring out how to make the full text look good within the boundaries I had already set and it shows. Also, looking at the silhouette I used, it looks more like basketball in football pads than a depiction of "the catch." Anyway, what do you think?

k9dr9u.png

I liked the use of the football player on the left in the oval, and alone, was a nice image. My problem with this logo was the blue block with the league name/acronym in them. I feel that had you extended the white outside the oval to make a border on that it would've helped. And I wasn't a fan of the blue on the left not being consistent through the oval (it's definitely narrower in the middle than the top and bottom).

• 2 weeks later...

Event 1: I think a more thoughtful choice of typeface could have helped the log a lot. That diagonal on the right edge is almost begging for an italic font. Also, I thought the linework of the face mask was too fine and would disappear if the logo were shrunk even slightly.

Event 4: It's a fine wordmark in a vacuum, but beyond the palette, it doesn't have any apparent relation to the logo.

rATMcmK.png

Archived