ldconcepts' Logolympiad Entries 2.0 (Event 7 posted)

ldconcepts

I'm participating in my second Logolympiad this year... Hopefully I'll improve on last year's showing! For now, I'll post my entry for Event 1 for some C&C.

kvcjitV.png

I'm not the best in logo creation, but I decided to have a go at the first event, creating a league logo for the fictional PFF. The general idea I had was to make the wordmark in the shape of a football, but I decided to keep the outline of the football itself. Looking back, I would have liked the strokes to be thicker and figured out a better way to fit the full name around the ball.

I received two gold and one silver vote.

What do you think?

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I also entered Event 3, the goal of which was to create an alternate uniform for the Pacific Coast League. This was my first foray into baseball uniform design, and I was ultimately satisfied with the result. I earned two gold, two silver, and one bronze vote.

eH5FHpg.png

I chose the recently rebranded Nashville Sounds. I started  with a red jersey, and replaced all the logos' red with white. I put their "Music City" logo in front, and based the striping on the type. On the shoulders, I sublimated six guitar strings, although that may have failed to come across with the 2D template.

C&C appreciated for both entries!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

When I got down to my votes, because this was definitely in the running, it was stripe on the shirt that led me to eliminate it. The stripe itself was great, but would be marred by the sponsor logo that the team would add. So I feel that there could've been a solution that would've let that stripe shine even after the sponsor.

• ldconcepts changed the title to ldconcepts' Logolympiad Entries 2.0 (Event 6 posted)

Archived