SSmith48's Logolympiad Portfolio

SSmith48

It probably is redundant to post another one of these, but here we go. 

Honestly, I am doing the Logolympiad to help me. I, in no way, shape, or form, am expecting to be very popular. However, it is still fun to participate and continue to develop.

The first event was very stiff, as I expected. I wanted to develop a generic color scheme, as the words "American" or "National" never appear in the name, so I went with a simple green and brown. I decided to do a simple football with shield concept, and it developed into this. It is alright, but it needs a way for the text to be more included in the overall shape. I was happy with the result, but it still needed some refinement. I realize this could look a little uninspired.

PmvbTh7.png

Thank you for viewing, and here is to the rest of the events!

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I think it was supposed to be a football in front of a shield. But the silhouette made me instantly think of a man wearing a tricorner hat, and I couldn't unsee that. I also don't think there's enough contrast between the shades of brown. I do, however, appreciate the palette overall as being more out-of-the-box. Green and brown go great together and is an underused palette.

rATMcmK.png

42 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

I think it was supposed to be a football in front of a shield. But the silhouette made me instantly think of a man wearing a tricorner hat, and I couldn't unsee that. I also don't think there's enough contrast between the shades of brown. I do, however, appreciate the palette overall as being more out-of-the-box. Green and brown go great together and is an underused palette.

Can. Not. Unsee.

XcryMwi.png

6 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I got a bit of that, too. I saw Peridot from Steven Universe, but that may have been because my niece was watching the show at the time. I think had you'd been able to work the ball into the shield that would have helped with that. It's a good idea and great color scheme as others have mentioned already.

The 2nd event didn't go as well, and I was not as confident. I think the idea was there, but the execution was way off. The Wild name was inspired by the landscape of Vancouver, and the color scheme was inspired by the sky and sea (blue) and the forest (green). I tried to incorporate a chevron/V pattern on the uniform that I think needed some more refinement.

9pWrTOX.png

BTW, does anyone have a better SVG Basketball uniform template?

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived