The NFL According to Danny

Danny the Sheeb

Hallo, everyone.  I have a computer with Internet connection now, so I can use actual logos and fonts now.  For my first "mainstream" project, I'm doing the NFL.  Many of these are tweaks to great sets, but I have new designs for some teams.  I hope that you enjoy.

BUFFALO BILLS

Drop the navy and fix the helmet stripe.  I wanted to add a red alt, but issues with the wordmark prevented that.  Plain and simple, just the way I like it.

Yes, I know I flipped the collar.  It was an accident, but I like it this way.

37731959585_280d2d006e_b.jpg

24747656948_28dc44e893_b.jpg

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Throwbacks with a new logo.  Minor striping tweaks.

37731958825_c73a19136a_b.jpg

24747656118_403879c7ab_b.jpg

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Pretty plain on both of these. Will you be sticking with just the traditional block numbers for all of the teams? The should stripes seem to end in the middle of nowhere too. What program are you using? You might be able to find a better template to help out with those stripes.

XcryMwi.png

7 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

Pretty plain on both of these. Will you be sticking with just the traditional block numbers for all of the teams? The should stripes seem to end in the middle of nowhere too. What program are you using? You might be able to find a better template to help out with those stripes.

For all teams that use block, the same font is used.  Nine teams use non-block fonts.

I'm...actually using the drawing application for OpenOffice 4.  The template was created myself with an old copy of 3.4.1 on a different computer (no Internet).

The stripes stop there because that's where I think that they would on a real uniform.  I might be able to change it up a bit...

The AFC East just happens to be a very traditional division, but I promise that not all teams will be this simple.  I am a very traditional-minded artist, however.

Thanks for the feedback.

Apple.

Whoops...I just remembered that all of them are already done.  And I am not in the mood to re-create 32 teams and over 70 uniforms over four days again.  But if I ever do a CFB series, I might appreciate it.

6 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Apple.

Whoops...I just remembered that all of them are already done.  And I am not in the mood to re-create 32 teams and over 70 uniforms over four days again.  But if I ever do a CFB series, I might appreciate it.

Lol what

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

A suggestion: maybe focus on quality over quantity. It's tempting to try to get a whole series done as quick as possible, but one really great jersey concept will beat a rushed collection every time.

XcryMwi.png

1 hour ago, HRC4 said:

A suggestion: maybe focus on quality over quantity. It's tempting to try to get a whole series done as quick as possible, but one really great jersey concept will beat a rushed collection every time.

Let me explain myself:  I really, really wanted to work on this.  So when I set it up, I just started burning through teams.  When you've made as many random designs as I have using this program, you can find stripes and things to copy and paste quickly.  And these aren't rushed.  These are the way I want the NFL to look (for the most part.  I couldn't find some logos in the proper format, and some I changed up to make different from other concepts.  And some are just doing something weird, like...we'll get to that).

10 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

That helmet is brutal 

I apologize for my bad art skills.

I would appreciate it if everyone would stop criticizing my template.  Most of the "constructive" criticism so far has been "Your template sucks".  Can we focus on the designs, not the template?

Moving on.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Based heavily off of their Color Rush design.  Added Pat the Patriot, but only to make it different from a great design by @Djruggs.  Is it wrong that I prefer Flying Elvis...

38603708322_25999a94d2_b.jpg

38603708472_0d8c3c7309_b.jpg

37918428214_93f8b34f15_b.jpg

NEW YORK TITANS

I have always liked the Jets' Titans throwbacks (yet another one-helmet casualty).  So here's my interpretation of what they would do in the present if they didn't go all Browns and destroy a perfectly good uniform design.

38603706242_e18e9aaa8b_b.jpg

37918427734_3e09206339_b.jpg

I know that both of these teams have UCLA stripes.  That's just a coincidence (and by-product of my traditional mind).  They won't all be like that, I promise.  The Ravens are getting a makeover tomorrow...

It's possible to make a great concept on this template. Try experimenting more. As mentioned above, all of your jerseys have the exact same font and the exact same number. Maybe use 12 for Patriots, 25 for Bills, and 13 for Dolphins (since it's a throwback of sorts). I know you're a traditionalist, but don't be afraid to get creative. Starting with a better template would go a long ways. And there are some good ones out there no matter which program you use.

XcryMwi.png

2 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

It's possible to make a great concept on this template. Try experimenting more. As mentioned above, all of your jerseys have the exact same font and the exact same number. Maybe use 12 for Patriots, 25 for Bills, and 13 for Dolphins (since it's a throwback of sorts). I know you're a traditionalist, but don't be afraid to get creative. Starting with a better template would go a long ways. And there are some good ones out there no matter which program you use.

Thanks.  The numbers idea is great.  I had just picked 27 because I thought that it reflected the font well.

Again, I really don't want to recreate all of these on a different template.  Maybe in the future...

Couple of things that I forgot to mention:

The Titans concept comes from an idea I had a while back (but made no concepts for) about modernizing the AFL team identities.  A few other ideas from that leaked into this series.

I will be taking suggestions on what to do with different designs.  If you have an idea for what you think it should look like, feel free to mention them.  Just please DON'T TELL ME TO GET A NEW TEMPLATE.  I AM NOT RECREATING ALL OF THESE ON A TEMPLATE THAT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO USE.

7 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Couple of things that I forgot to mention:

The Titans concept comes from an idea I had a while back (but made no concepts for) about modernizing the AFL team identities.  A few other ideas from that leaked into this series.

I will be taking suggestions on what to do with different designs.  If you have an idea for what you think it should look like, feel free to mention them.  Just please DON'T TELL ME TO GET A NEW TEMPLATE.  I AM NOT RECREATING ALL OF THESE ON A TEMPLATE THAT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO USE.

Look, if you want us to give you constructive criticism that is fine. But many people on here I am sure don’t want to look at this template because of how little it showcases the artwork. Pant stripes are tough to decipher, the helmet looks bad and you can’t see the nameplate or back of the jersey. It is tough for me, and anyone else, to come on here consistently to look at this artwork when there are guys creating stuff on better templates. Maybe, instead of being lazy, you could find a better one and take your time and work. 

37 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

When doing a series it might be better to post your concepts as you finish them so you can apply the constructive criticism to other teams. Finishing them all then saying "I'm not going to redo them" probably isn't the way to go

I know that.  Now.

Inkscape doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  I might just shut this down, or try making a more realistic template and finishing this with my crude tools.

Archived