The NFL According to Danny

Danny the Sheeb

9 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Let me explain myself:  I really, really wanted to work on this.  So when I set it up, I just started burning through teams.  When you've made as many random designs as I have using this program, you can find stripes and things to copy and paste quickly.  And these aren't rushed.  These are the way I want the NFL to look (for the most part.  I couldn't find some logos in the proper format, and some I changed up to make different from other concepts.  And some are just doing something weird, like...we'll get to that).

I apologize for my bad art skills.

I would appreciate it if everyone would stop criticizing my template.  Most of the "constructive" criticism so far has been "Your template sucks".  Can we focus on the designs, not the template?

Moving on.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Based heavily off of their Color Rush design.  Added Pat the Patriot, but only to make it different from a great design by @Djruggs.  Is it wrong that I prefer Flying Elvis...

38603708322_25999a94d2_b.jpg

38603708472_0d8c3c7309_b.jpg

37918428214_93f8b34f15_b.jpg

NEW YORK TITANS

I have always liked the Jets' Titans throwbacks (yet another one-helmet casualty).  So here's my interpretation of what they would do in the present if they didn't go all Browns and destroy a perfectly good uniform design.

38603706242_e18e9aaa8b_b.jpg

37918427734_3e09206339_b.jpg

I know that both of these teams have UCLA stripes.  That's just a coincidence (and by-product of my traditional mind).  They won't all be like that, I promise.  The Ravens are getting a makeover tomorrow...

Both are fantastic, and I appreciate the shoutout lol

Just a personal preference here, but I would I like to see a small, collar  wordmark for the Patriots. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

there just isnt much going on in any of these. I may be wrong but i think every team in the league has a small logo or wordmark at the base of the collar. At least add the NFL shield, a nike logo, a team logo on the shoulders (i think half the league has them) some basic stuff seen in real life. You can have all the teams use block fonts but dont use the exact same one for every team. Because the packers block is different than the dolphins throwback block. Does that make sense? finally- It might be nice to have some logos or something else to reference if you're going to rebrand a team like you did with the jets.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 11/25/2017 at 10:05 AM, Danny the Sheeb said:

Let me explain myself:  I really, really wanted to work on this.  So when I set it up, I just started burning through teams.  When you've made as many random designs as I have using this program, you can find stripes and things to copy and paste quickly.  And these aren't rushed.  These are the way I want the NFL to look (for the most part.  I couldn't find some logos in the proper format, and some I changed up to make different from other concepts.  And some are just doing something weird, like...we'll get to that).

I apologize for my bad art skills.

I would appreciate it if everyone would stop criticizing my template.  Most of the "constructive" criticism so far has been "Your template sucks".  Can we focus on the designs, not the template?

Moving on.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Based heavily off of their Color Rush design.  Added Pat the Patriot, but only to make it different from a great design by @Djruggs.  Is it wrong that I prefer Flying Elvis...

38603708322_25999a94d2_b.jpg

38603708472_0d8c3c7309_b.jpg

37918428214_93f8b34f15_b.jpg

NEW YORK TITANS

I have always liked the Jets' Titans throwbacks (yet another one-helmet casualty).  So here's my interpretation of what they would do in the present if they didn't go all Browns and destroy a perfectly good uniform design.

38603706242_e18e9aaa8b_b.jpg

37918427734_3e09206339_b.jpg

I know that both of these teams have UCLA stripes.  That's just a coincidence (and by-product of my traditional mind).  They won't all be like that, I promise.  The Ravens are getting a makeover tomorrow...

Firstly, I freakin love your template.. It's so bad that it's wonderful.. It's like when I tried to draw uniforms at 7 years old.. 

Secondly, while I actually like what you're doing here, the small issue I agree with the others on is regarding the small details (chest wordmarks, fonts, etc).. If these concepts are completely finished, 100% as you envision them, then that's fine, but if you intend them to be Nike jerseys and assume the NFL collar patch is still mandatory, then maybe add those elements to express the entirety of your vision..

And lastly, with the patriots, I'd try to match the navy pants striping to the navy jersey striping.. In the event that they go monochrome, they should match.. Also, one would assume that whatever design rationale led to one striping pattern would apply to the other, considering it's the same type of stripes on the same color background..

Archived