Finally Splurged on a Replica '67 Saints Jersey

BlueSky

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Update - the vendor is having an issue finding the right gold for the '69 version the Saints wore. No problem - I decided to get a black '67 in the meantime! Worked with them to get the numbers closer this time as the ones on my white jersey aren't quite a match to what they wore.

I chose #22 this time. I like getting a number that resonates from then through today. Rookie RB Charlie Brown wore it in '67, Tracy Porter sealed the SB win wearing it and Mark Ingram carries on the tradition today. So here's Brown at left showing what I'm going for:

57cc36f3e05bc.image.jpg?resize=1200,801

They sent me a pic after they were cut but before being sewn on:

CTme1PL.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Just checked out the website. Really great stuff but you might want to tell the guy to take down all images, marks, and references to player names as a good chunk of those jerseys are very similar to what some licensed product looks like.  Don't get me wrong, I'm fully in support of historical reproductions that are made to order for individual consumption, but some of these can easily be interpreted as infringing on the rights holders.

I appreciate your point but that’s his business, not mine. That’s not meant to sound dismissive, I just don’t think it’s a customer’s place. I talked about my other jersey here, on FB, & Twitter with @Saints & so on plus references to his site so it’s not like anyone is keeping a secret. I’m quite certain the NFL’s army of lawyers will do their thing if there’s an issue. 

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• 1 month later...

My white '67 isn't lonely anymore.

NLYAUyVl.jpg

d3s8gHGl.jpg

Went full old school with long sleeves on this one. 

It's hard to find good color shots of the black '67s but it seems to compare pretty favorably in terms of the gold.

saints-1967-giants-yankee-stadium-1.jpg

On 2/20/2018 at 5:05 PM, slats7 said:

1273902311041.jpg

good ol' Billy

Great find, thanks for posting this pic. That happens to be the next retro replica I plan to have made if Harv at Tailgating Jerseys can find the lighter, shinier gold the Saints switched to in 1969. This was the jersey they were wearing the first time I saw them play, at Tulane Stadium vs. the Steelers on December 21, 1969. They didn't have the NFL 50 patches sewn on yet when preseason PR shots like the one above were done but were wearing them later (this pic is from a 43-38 win over the 49ers on Nov. 23) so it will have one on the left sleeve. Some players cut their sleeves down, most notably the WRs and TEs. It would be awesome if they wore the same design in 2019 with '100' replacing '50,' but I have a tough time believing the NFL or Nike would be satisfied with a simple, elegant design that would be a fantastic homage to the league's history.  B) 

1969Saints49ersAction-4.jpg

The patch:

6mqD2KMl.jpg

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

The sleeves were too long & large so I had them bobbed. It’s making its debut today for Rams at Saints. 

TZCmHU2.jpg

That is incredible! Terrific job working on them with making the jersey look so authentic. Great stuff!

Archived