I made this a while back since I like looking at college football logos.  I always wanted to make a good cougar logo.  One that would say yeah we know tons of ways to show our ferocity.  Cougars have the perfect size and agility to kill.  I want to build a detailed website of this university I created for a school project.  This is their sports team logo I created. The Southern Ohio University Cougars.  I didn't copy any logos, but Houston cougars looks a bit similar.  I made a lot of different changes to make it my own.  Near the bottom of the state there are hills so I was thinking of cougars being in that area.  I used a gold and navy although their 3rd color is brown.  The third color helps separate from looking like PITT or Navy.  I like to think of tension with being close to Marshall so I picked Huntington as the nearby town.  I would make the school 20 minutes away on the Ohio side.  An explanation say for the made up future Huntington is much bigger and needs a university to keep fostering growth.

School Name:  Southern Ohio University

Nickname:        SOU (not zou)

Mascot:             Cougars

Colors:              Dark Navy Blue, Gold-like, light Brown, White

Division:           I (when good)

Conference:     ACC(when able to compete lol)

Rival:               Marshall

Tell me what you think.  I am trying to design other logos for the school to add to my website I'm making.

Cougar Athletics Logo

outside of the eyes its great, i agree with what the others have said. If you're going to do a roundel logo i feel like it might help ya to add the name of the school, in this case "Southern Ohio"

also- you mention they use navy, use that instead of black as the background! a team that doesn't have black in their color scheme would most likely prefer to use navy as much as possible. Great start though

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I'd add a line to separate the snout from his left eye, teh left as you look at it, I'd also add some type of a brow to show that he's angry. I'd increase the size of the wordmark and lower it so that you're not cutting into the face.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/30/2017 at 8:18 PM, flyersfan said:

outside of the eyes its great, i agree with what the others have said. If you're going to do a roundel logo i feel like it might help ya to add the name of the school, in this case "Southern Ohio"

also- you mention they use navy, use that instead of black as the background! a team that doesn't have black in their color scheme would most likely prefer to use navy as much as possible. Great start though

I fixed it some come take a look.

It’s getting better for sure. The eyes are definitely an improvement. Not a big fan of the line you currently have, it looks like his eye is behind the bridge of his nose too much. Maybe curve that brown part onwards and use the yellow instead of white. A little thing I noticed: the brown under the nose and the center of the top row of teeth don’t match up, I’d suggest moving the nose unit over itself and leave the teeth there. Also I think it should say “Southern Ohio” not “SOU” unless his was like a secondary/tertiary mark. Getting better though, keep at it. I do like the font choice though, it’s modern, yet easy to read

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

CougarFightLogo4

I made the changes you suggested.  I believe you guys are leading me along well.  To answer your other question about this being a primary or secondary logo,  I thought of this logo as a logo you would see on the back of the scoreboard at the stadium.  A readable secondary logo without all the details.  The Helmet design would only have the cougar not the circle.  I originally thought of not having any words in it and leave it as is since it's unique.  Mizzou's logo has the picture of the tiger, and a logo with the tiger inside the M.  In this case it would just be the tiger logo.  What has been my inspiration for the logo's feel is a person charging out onto the field with this on a larger flag.  Do you know where I can find a template for designing jersey's and helmets?

On 12/1/2017 at 10:19 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I'd add a line to separate the snout from his left eye, teh left as you look at it, I'd also add some type of a brow to show that he's angry. I'd increase the size of the wordmark and lower it so that you're not cutting into the face.

I wanted you to see how I have come along.

16 hours ago, flyersfan said:

It’s getting better for sure. The eyes are definitely an improvement. Not a big fan of the line you currently have, it looks like his eye is behind the bridge of his nose too much. Maybe curve that brown part onwards and use the yellow instead of white. A little thing I noticed: the brown under the nose and the center of the top row of teeth don’t match up, I’d suggest moving the nose unit over itself and leave the teeth there. Also I think it should say “Southern Ohio” not “SOU” unless his was like a secondary/tertiary mark. Getting better though, keep at it. I do like the font choice though, it’s modern, yet easy to read

I tried fixing what you said.  This is a secondary logo.

Archived