Spike TV New Look New Name

DCarp1231

Good all around. The channel exchanges a lamentable identity for a traditional name and a dignified logo.

"Spike" was a terrible name. It conjures up these images:

Tom-and-jerry-spike-1-.gif  e6cced3a377ef5c449ce881516108bab.jpg tn_r9vi7cozkj_100555.jpg

In fact, one of those dudes tried to sue TNN when it changed its name to Spike TV.

The only bad thing is that that name lasted so long.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

So we've gone from TNN (country music & that kind of crap) to SpikeTV (manly men doing men stuff with boobs yeah) to the Paramount Network (trying to be AMC).  

I'm fine with this.  TV networks are a dying medium, but it's better than Spike TV.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 hours ago, CS85 said:

So we've gone from TNN (country music & that kind of crap) to SpikeTV (manly men doing men stuff with boobs yeah) to the Paramount Network (trying to be AMC).  

I'm fine with this.  TV networks are a dying medium, but it's better than Spike TV.

You skipped "The National Network."

Will Paramount Network keep the Ultimate Fighter? Is that still on Spike?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

You skipped "The National Network."

Will Paramount Network keep the Ultimate Fighter? Is that still on Spike?

No, they lost that show. It's on Fox Sports 1 now.

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

TNN was best in the summer of '01 when they just showed KRP and Newhart reruns all day.

They also had the XFL. Their broadcasts were serious, with none of the Jesse Ventura-style clownishness. An example is this mid-season game between the New York / New Jersey Hitmen and the San Francisco Demons.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

49 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

My question is, will the network pull a Freeform/ABC Family Harry Potter every other weekend movie marathon, but with the Transformers franchise?

Doubt that.  

They may have movies but not lame ass marathons of crappy movies like Transformers but yet again I am only assuming this

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yea mostly watched it in its The National Network days, well from when it had ECW (and rollerjam!) and then WWF Raw.

I kinda liked ECW when it was on TNN. But then again, I do wish there was still some competition for the WWE.

22 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

"Don't get eliminated!"

Man I used to love this show

Me too.

13 hours ago, DNAsports said:

My question is, will the network pull a Freeform/ABC Family Harry Potter every other weekend movie marathon, but with the Transformers franchise?

Fun fact-Freeform/ABC Family lost the rights to Harry Potter and the rights will be transferred to HBO on January 1, 2018. There goes the bi-monthly Harry Potter weekend on Freeform/ABC Family. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived