72Freebie's NLL Redesign (Montreal, Syracuse, New York Added)

72freebie

Hey Everyone, I'm Back! I've been wanting to start a new concept series on here forever but I just haven't had the time. My schedule is starting slow down a bit so I thought i'd do a quick series for something I've never done before. Lacrosse. I love watching the NLL whenever TSN decided to air it and I've always thought that the jerseys in the league were great because they don't have as many rules or boundaries as say, the NFL. many designs in the league still look like they are out of the 90s and I hope they stay that way. Anyways, I've never really tried designing Lacrosse uniforms before but I am taking a shot at all of the current teams as well as the team from San Diego that is entering net season. 

Lets start with the Rochester Knighthawks

5uKU9bS.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah! Freebie is back I dig this. The wings on the sleeve are in an awkward place it seems but that might be normal for lacrosse. I’m not a lax bro so I have no clue what normal jerseys look like. Great font choice though, it’s modern and bold yet not too crazy. Well done

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Very cool, love seeing some NLL concepts.

I'd say that this uniform would work better for the new Wings though. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Next up is the Georgia Swarm. Kept the honeycomb pattern but wanted to use the primary logo as well as some unique striping from the logo to create a fairly wild concept. Thanks for all the feedback. Yes I will be doing Philadelphia and San Diego eventually.

KAbtkzU.png

If there's no comments on Georgia then lets move on to our third team, the Buffalo Bandits. I got rid of the purple and emphasized the orange and black more with a subtle silver gradient. Sriping pattern is somewhat based on there current jerseys but implemented in what I think is a more visually appealing way.YBrouym.png All comments appreciated.

Next up is the Toronto Rock. Went back to the iconic original logo and updated it a little bit. Went with a design that uses the music notes on the front and a sharp curved striping. The ends of the cuffs also each have 6 small notes on them representing Toronto's 6 league championships.zEadpOl.png

Oh man, I absolutely love these Rock jerseys. 

I've long said i'd like them to go back to this logo permanently as it has a little something more to it. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Back again with one of next season's expansion teams. The San Diego Seals. I love this team's logo and color scheme. I made up a concept that is long the lines of what I'd love to see them wearing next year. I also did up an SD shoulder patch. Let me know what you think.

tv5tvOK.png

R5FfcZK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Up next is the New England Black Wolves. Went with another design that follows the logo and uses gradients. Thought of a cool idea to put the wolf on the back hem and I think it worked out well. Let me know what you think.

QzmepB4.png

This reminds me a lot of the reebok versions of the NLL jerseys. I never really liked when they did the gradient on just a portion (in this case, the sides) of the jersey. 

I think that it'd look better if the pattern was applied to the whole jersey.

That said, I think the wolf on the back is unique but not "too out there", it's a nice touch!

Love this one. Second favorite (after the Rock). The mountain design works very well. 

Archived