NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

31 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

By the way, please take note that the color of the Patriot League patch on this series will remain as is, and not recolored according to the athletic team's colors.

With that in mind, let me know your thoughts about the series so far.

I like the idea of the patch being red white and blue... these latest concepts coming out around the 4th helps, but it creates a unifying feel to the league.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEORGETOWN

I liked the idea of having the kente pattern, a Georgetown basketball signature, implemented on the football uniforms. Contrasting sleeve and striping colors containing the sublimated kente pattern dominate the overall design for my concept.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY CROSS

Silver is back as one of the primary colors for this Holy Cross concept set. I even brought back the silver pants on their regular uniform rotation as well, for some throwback feeling.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

LEHIGH

I took their LSU-striped uniforms as the base for the design, because I think it looks good for Lehigh football. The biggest changes for this concept set are the helmets. The gold helmet now has a logo decal and striping again, while the white helmet has striping that's in sync with their white uniform striping.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would like to know what you think about the entire Patriot League. Thanks in advance!

P.S.

I am temporarily taking an indefinite break in posting concepts in this topic, since I have not yet completed my Pioneer Football League concepts (technically, I completed the designs, and I only needed to patch the logos and numbers), plus, I'm not yet doing the remaining three FCS conferences, not to mention a huge workload on my current job as a web developer. Thanks for your support!

BUTLER

For Butler, I went with a very bold design, compared to what they have been wearing recently. This time, I added grey and black to the overall design, inspired by the school's basketball team. Besides the blue and white options for jerseys and pants, black jerseys and pants are also added to the uniform rotation, since the aforementioned basketball team wear black as dark uniforms. You may not tell the difference between the blue and the black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

I would really prefer no black on Butler though.  It never made sense to me why they keep forcing it on to their uniforms.

While we do have opposing views on including black, I also do not know why does their basketball team wear black as dark uniforms in the first place. I don't even know when did this start. Anyway, thanks for your comment! Really appreciate it.

DAVIDSON

This is one of my favorites, I gotta tell. The design on the shoulders come from the streaking lines of the Wildcats' "D" logo, while the numbers are in sync with the aforementioned "D" logo and the wordmark. I could not find the exact font for the team since it's proprietary, so I made the 9 and 7 from a block font and tweaked 'em. Since the red helmet will be added to the actual mix for the 2018 season, I also made corresponding red pants to join my uniform rotation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DAYTON

It's all about the wing part of the Flyers' logo. The overall design is at the center of it all. I tried making their winged D logo as the helmet decal and make the wings extend to the back of the helmet a la Seattle Seahawks, but it sacrificed the flipping of the D on the other side of the helmet, and so, I settled on the one that stands the test of time: a "Dayton" wordmark.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DRAKE

My Drake concept is pretty straightforward and classic-looking. I just took the stroke pattern from their wordmark. The white helmet also marks its return, relegating the blue helmet to alternate.

spacer.png

spacer.png

JACKSONVILLE

Even before the redesign, my Jacksonville concept has already stayed this way (except for the numbers). Initially, I had no idea on how to redesign their football uniforms, so, I went to everything that the Jacksonville Jaguars wore throughout their history. Apparently, the design of the Jags' old, gold-less uniforms is the one that's perfect for the redesigned logos, due to all those waves on them. Also, I'm not a fan of the Dolphins' current gold helmets, because it's as if they wanted to look like Notre Dame. Therefore, green helmets are back. And finally, for the helmet decals, instead of the new JU logo, I went with a somewhat oversized dolphin logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

MOREHEAD STATE

I absolute love Morehead State's helmets from 2014. I love the way they incorporated the eagle head logo on the helmet striping. I centered my overall design from that, as well as from their 2014 black uniforms. I did consider adding black jerseys and pants on my concept, but it's better to stay conservative with blues and whites.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

PRESBYTERIAN

Since their current Adidas jerseys are too plain, I basically added the same helmet striping to the jerseys and the pants. I also added a garnet jersey for good measure, even if the "Blue Hose" wordmark is too prominent.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

STETSON

I modified their current uniforms by using their custom font on the numbers, making the TV number colors different from the color of the sleeves, adding striping on the pants, and adding extra black stripes on the shoulders, making them somewhat New York Jets look-alikes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived