NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

DARTMOUTH

This concept set is heavily based from the uniforms the Big Green football wore during the 50's and 60's. The "Dartmouth stripes" dominate the design, as the way it should be. Also, no more black and grey shenanigans, just green and white.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HARVARD

I initially had an old Harvard concept where the uniforms are heavy on black piping (straight side panels on the jerseys extending to the pants) and where the khaki pants are shelved in favor of white pants. I thought that this will create a huge backlash, and I shelved that idea for good. While this new concept is similar to the ones the Crimson wore recently, the biggest changes are on the shoulders and the pants. Pant stripes are back, and the academic logo is omitted (to give a more vintage and more traditional vibe). Black jerseys and crimson pants are here to stay, and the numbers on the black jerseys are now white instead of almost unreadable crimson.

spacer.png

spacer.png

5ElxALa.png

1 hour ago, edjb93 said:

Whaddya think of Dartmouth and Harvard?

I love Harvard. In a perfect world, this is how they look. The academic logo on the pants. Not too heavy on black. Good balance of crimson and khaki color. They look fantastic. Great old school, traditional look. This is the set a school like Harvard deserves.

Dartmouth is meh. You know, just bland overall. I don’t mind it. I actually liked their black matte helmets. But I understand why you dumped them.

PRINCETON

Repeat what I said about Penn. White pants are now the main choice (to give a classical look), with the black pants becoming the alternate. Orange jerseys are also included, as well as an all-orange look. After all, they're called the Tigers, right?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

BETHUNE-COOKMAN

Unpopular opinion: I like this particular set for BCU. This was my inspiration for my concept, which is just essentially a toned-down version of it. The herringbone pattern has been sublimated and tapered to evoke the name "Wildcats". See, I gave y'all a partial Nike-splanation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

DELAWARE STATE

Like any other insect-nicknamed teams, the Hornets gain a honeycomb pattern. However, the difference here is that I made a gradient out of that pattern, which makes this set stand out. Also, the red helmet with the "State" script becomes the only helmet choice for DSU. And yes, I used a Russell Athletic font for a Nike-outfitted team.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dartmouth: Perfect except for the helmet, but that isn't really your fault.

Harvard: Cut the black and maybe drop the khaki pants, too.

Penn: Good except that the shade of red looks weird.

Princeton: The four sleeve stripes may look awkward on an actual jersey.  Other than that, spot on.

Yale: If you're going to go with a gray set (I wouldn't), add a gray helmet.  Perfect otherwise.

Bethune-Cookman: *applause*

Delaware State: Not a fan of the helmet logo or the honeycomb-gradient thingy.  But not terrible.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

The sublimated sleeve cap is definitely a strong move for taking things that would be a bit much (like BCU) and giving them subtlety that makes it work. That's why I like the honeycomb gradient as well- it plays as subtle. Not sure how well it would translate to real world application, but it has potential.

Really dug the whole Ivy League- not sure how I feel about Harvard in black but I know it's a thing they do. And really appreciate trying to find a way to get Princeton a suitable number of stripes on a modern jersey- looking through a GIS for Princeton football, that looks like a constant struggle.

Archived