NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

For those who are following this topic, you might have noticed that there are now 2-4 uniforms per post. That's because of some concerns about posting lots of uniform combos. It's understandable that some combos are interchangeable.

Another thing to note, although the template I'm using doesn't include the other side of the helmet, I assure that whatever you see on the helmet's side view will be reflected on the other side, thus the trend of "logo on one side, number on the other" (e.g. North Dakota's current helmet) is absolutely a no-no on all my football concepts.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

What happens when NDSU wins another title? Will they get another stripe?

Even if they win their 7th, or even 12th, FCS championship, the stripes won't change.

I would suggest a gold/yellow (DO NOT START THAT DEBATE WITH AN NDSU ALUM) alt that has no white.  Just green and gold. 

edit, also with UND I would suggest modifying the helmet logo.  I've always thought it was odd that the hawk on the left side of the helmet would be facing backwards. Maybe remove the ND and just have the hawk logo?

2 minutes ago, Milkman14 said:

I would suggest a gold/yellow (DO NOT START THAT DEBATE WITH AN NDSU ALUM) alt that has no white.  Just green and gold.  

Well, I'm sure that you're an NDSU alum, given your profile pic. That's a great suggestion! It can be paired with the wheat-themed alternate green helmet, but without any white as well (the current one has white on the logo). Maybe I can go all-out with the wheat theme on the entire one-off uniform. What do you think? Or perhaps I can go for something else?

1 minute ago, edjb93 said:

Well, I'm sure that you're an NDSU alum, given your profile pic. That's a great suggestion! It can be paired with the wheat-themed alternate green helmet, but without any white as well (the current one has white on the logo). Maybe I can go all-out with the wheat theme on the entire one-off uniform. What do you think? Or perhaps I can go for something else?

I haven't seen an alt that used the wheat stripe from the helmet on the actual jersey.  Could be interesting.  The gold/yellow is a little jab at the rest of the alumni that still debate whether it's gold or yellow.

8 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I love NDSU’s well thought out set. UND’s uniforms are a significant upgrade, especially since you got rid of the speed stripes. The black uni looks fantastic as well.

Is the Hawk logo on both sides or is the number on one side?

I already said that before...

On 3/22/2018 at 10:12 AM, edjb93 said:

Another thing to note, although the template I'm using doesn't include the other side of the helmet, I assure that whatever you see on the helmet's side view will be reflected on the other side, thus the trend of "logo on one side, number on the other" (e.g. North Dakota's current helmet) is absolutely a no-no on all my football concepts.

In addition to that, I'm not a fan of that fad on the helmets.

NORTHERN IOWA

I don't know how to Nike-splain this concept for the Panthers, but it contains curves that evoke the speed of a running panther, although there are fellow felines that can run faster than them. Also, a black uniform is included. Originally, both the wordmark and the numbers on the black uniform should have been purple outlined in gold, but the shade of purple used here is somehow invisible when the background color is black, and thus, I swapped the colors.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

SOUTH DAKOTA

In an another case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I just retained the current uniforms for the Coyotes (with some minor changes), but the difference lies with the silver helmet-silver pants combo. Instead of a separate red or white alternate jersey, I just paired them with the regular jerseys. Why they haven't done that still remains a mystery, because those combos look good too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

WESTERN ILLINOIS

Way, way back, Western Illinois' football uniforms had stripes. I brought that particular striping back, but I moved it to the shoulder, and used the correct shade of gold/yellow. The "W" helmet logo that the Leathernecks used during the 2017 season is now moved to the helmet bumper, and in its former place is the bulldog head logo, since it's thousands better for a main helmet decal than the "W".

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

BRYANT

I liked it when Bryant went back to a traditional look. After all, they have been simple-looking for the team's existence (except for their final Nike seasons). With my concept, I somehow maintained that, with the striping on the pants, logo on both sleeves, and the helmet that the team has been wearing since day one. The modern touch here is the use of the Serpentine font on both the front wordmark and the numbers. Three choices for the pants are available.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of mismatching home and road uniforms on almost all sports. That means that CCSU's 2017 uniforms should have been great if the team stuck to only one design. For this concept, I picked their road uniform as the base, and made the jersey striping become shoulder loops like what's on their home uniforms. Also, no half-logo-half-number helmets are in this concept, like the rest of the concepts I already made. The blue helmet is the primary helmet, while the white has been relegated to alternate.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived