Teams with similar colors as the Houston Oilers?

Stevemealone

I am a looooooong time lurker to this site, but my apologies if this post is in the wrong place.  

Are there any teams with similar color schemes as the Houston Oilers?  Basically light blue as the dominant color and red + white.  I know the Titans technically do, but the red definitely gets “lost” in my opinion.  

Could be college, pro, whatever.  I just think it’s a cool combination.  I always said if I had my own expansion team that those would be the uniforms I’d go with.  275px-HoustonOilersUniforms.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closest I can think of currently is Italian soccer club Catania, which wears light blue and red stripes.  HBCU college Delaware State also wears light blue and red, but at least in football, they're usually predominantly red.

edit: a high school in the area, Hartland Arrowhead, wears the Oilers' colors...interestingly, Arrowhead football favors red, but basketball favors light blue.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Chicago Red Stars in the NWSL come to mind, but they also use black.

cropped-2017CRSLogosTM-01.pngCRS.starters.08.07.10.jpg

The Corpus Christi Hooks also had a fauxback in light blue and red. That hat is an all-timer. Their normal look uses these colors, too, but predominately uses navy.

corpus-christi-hooks-fauxback-59fifty-fi

See the source image

Dream used to have red as a prominent color. Switched it out for navy 

there's also the throwbacks worn by the Jayhawks in 2011

See the source image

Friendly High School in Maryland used to have the same colors as the Oilers. They changed their primary color to royal blue in the late 90's though. May be hard to find any old pictures of them in those colors.

The Silver Hill Bears youth football club in Maryland have had the same colors for as long as I can remember.

Sidenote: it's always bothered me that this team never wore silver in their uniforms.

Mustangs%20vs%20Silver%20Hill%20Bears_14

Delaware State University's colors are Red and Columbia blue. Different color order, but close enough.

acb75-prooznytvelgrph-20141022221901.jpg

XCPUODTNQTSCXBD.20101120231242.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, Wizza said:

See the source image

Dream used to have red as a prominent color. Switched it out for navy 

there's also the throwbacks worn by the Jayhawks in 2011

See the source image

Wow that’s nice...helmet and all.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

4 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

Neither does Los Angeles and Lakers or Utah and Jazz or any other of the numerous teams that have moved and kept their name

Different era.  Branding is so much more vital now that back in the 60s-70s

Archived