Teams with similar colors as the Houston Oilers?

Stevemealone

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a great color scheme and all the professional pictures are from years ago! Too good of a color scheme to go to waste. Looked up that hooks hat...$35 no thanks I’ll save the picture and be on the lookout. I would trade the Texans for the titans so we could have the oilers back. I’m not too tied down to the Texans to not go back to my ex that skipped town. Madison Marlins (Texas HS) in Houston have looked like the oilers since I first saw them in 93 I think. 

18 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Different era.  Branding is so much more vital now that back in the 60s-70s

If branding matters then they should be the Tennessee Oilers

1054.gif

That is one of the best logos in sports. 

On 12/3/2017 at 5:52 AM, Lenny Dykstra said:

Ole Miss

MediaHandler.jpg

Not actually.

Ole Miss' colors have always been red and blue.  In the old days, it seemed helmet manufacturers could only get blue helmets in a lighter, near-powder blue (see old Denver Broncos helmets) or a dark navy (see old LA Rams and NY Giants helmets, which never matched their royal blue ). Ole Miss was in the former category.

They had no other uniform aspects-- jerseys, pants, stripes, numbers-- with that powder/columbia/light blue.

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

Not actually.

Ole Miss' colors have always been red and blue.  In the old days, it seemed helmet manufacturers could only get blue helmets in a lighter, near-powder blue (see old Denver Broncos helmets) or a dark navy (see old LA Rams and NY Giants helmets, which never matched their royal blue ). Ole Miss was in the former category.

They had no other uniform aspects-- jerseys, pants, stripes, numbers-- with that powder/columbia/light blue.

They have somewhat re-embraced powder blue in recent years, with powder blue baseball uniforms, football helmets that they wear twice a year, and tons of merchandise.

Cb1lwWYUUAEbXj8.jpg

4.jpg

-ab75380870a647b6.jpgArchbishop Rummel High School, several blocks from my home in Metairie, LA, has that color scheme. Interestingly, the football team has pretty much always used red as the primary (jersey) color, but the basketball team usually uses powder blue:

Basketball-2016_JHS38vRummel56_PDBirdcag

It is what it is.

One more. 

Louisiana Tech's official colors are red and (royal) blue. However, the Lady Techsters basketball team has traditionally worn red and powder blue:

18bbf1e38f9a8a88e6e6dd28ef90b0d1--womens

For awhile back when I was in college in the mid-1980s, the men's basketball team also wore powder blue with red, and featured this guy, who went on to bigger and better things:

1fa16c900ed9f6463549862561cd54b9--karl-m

It is what it is.

On 03/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, greyraven8 said:

WHA Nordiques in there first season (1972/73)

bergeron_zoom.jpg

Not just their inaugural season - the Nordiques always used light blue & red as their colours. It was less so in the 80's when they were basically light blue & white with a red logo, but it became a little bit more pronounced in the 90's when they started putting red outlines on their numbers:
E2pT6zf.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

How can you compare Ole Miss to the Oilers? 1), Houston wore Columbia blue. 2) Ole Miss is more like the NY Giants.

Lighting in the picture might be weird, but Ole Miss had powder blue helmets for about 40 years. 

They were brought back recently. 

ole-miss-powder-blue-helmets.jpg

Sorry if you already knew this, but I thought it was close enough colors to be mentioned

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:17 PM, Ark said:

The Tennessee Oilers!

nov-1997-quarterback-steve-mcnair-of-the

dec-1998-wide-receiver-kevin-dyson-of-th

They should still be the Oilers today.

The baby blue jersey and white pants was awesome but I was never a fan of the white over white. I liked the white jersey with baby blue pants.

campbell2.thumb.jpg.0e2881536440e77e06babcfb6b72166a.jpg

Archived