Teams with similar colors as the Houston Oilers?

Stevemealone

8 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Super unpopular opinion:

The current Phillies home/away blows away ANY of their previous looks*

*if the stripes were sewn it,would be the best. Still fantastic

There exists no universe in which the current set is superior to the 50s, and arguably, the late 40s.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Super unpopular opinion:

The current Phillies home/away blows away ANY of their previous looks*

*if the stripes were sewn it,would be the best. Still fantastic

At the risk of a threadjack, Richie Ashburn says hello.

richie-ashburn-outfielder-for-the-philadashburn.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The P's don't match.

I love the current phillies look, love the cream alt and think it looks better than the 40s look its based off of.

Both of these scripts...

4404_philadelphia_phillies-jersey-1946.p

3565_philadelphia_phillies-jersey-1950.p

Have much more character (and, i dunno... soul, maybe?) than this...

dde6ugqm5exrau06p8f2g17x4.gif

Which was clearly made by robots.

I don't like the recent thickening of the stroke, but the pre-2017 Phillies look is their best imo.. Maybe it lacks "Character" or "soul", but the fact that it looks like it was made by a computer and other machines gives it a cleaner, more professional look to me.. Professional organizations should have access to the MOST advanced technology to have the highest level of precision and accuracy possible.. Certain things weren't possible in the 40's and 50's that are possible now, so I expect things to be different now, but the smooth, crisp lines and curves of the modern wordmark and logo appear to fit the "Pro Sports Team" image more, at least in my mind.. Having similar, yet different logos seems very "high school" to me

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Why does everyone care about logos matching perfectly? When arguably the most classic uniform in sports (the Yankees pinstripes) doesn't have perfectly matching logos, you don't have to have perfectly matching logos. 

You said it yourself, the Yankees look is classic for the pinstripes not the logo.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:00 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

The P's don't match.

I love the current phillies look, love the cream alt and think it looks better than the 40s look its based off of.

The matching of the Ps is the only possible advantage of this set over the 50s-60s set.  The current wordmark is too fat and bubbly (for lack of a better word).

That said, between the two cap logos, the old one is the much better of the two.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 12/4/2017 at 1:01 PM, anythinglogos said:

The Clippers sleeved alt was light blue and red

182550482_10.jpg  

they’ve also worn throwbacks to the ABA Los Angeles Stars who used that color scheme

chris-paul-wears-los-angeles-stars-cp3.v

Almost bought that Chris Paul ABA throwback.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived