Fantasy Football Edits

HRC4

I did up some player cards for the best starting lineup in my dynasty league. Rather than spamming you all with the 10 individual cards, here they are all together.

VQPaefd.jpg

XcryMwi.png

• HRC4 changed the title to Fantasy Football Edits
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Really like this! (My fantasy team is terrible, thanks cowboys) Just wondering, how did you make the pictures on the cards look like that?

Most of the effect is from Topaz Labs (or something like that) on Photoshop.

Here's the tutorial I used for most of it...

XcryMwi.png

• 1 month later...

Bragging some more about my awesome fantasy team. Not pictured: Brady, Kelce, AJ Green, Freeman. I will admit that the quality of the actual effects gets worse the further out you get.

m0atDWf.png

XcryMwi.png

Cool stuff.

If you want to take that next step with your designs, you should probably try to even-out the effect across all the players. The effect on Beckham and Bell are really heavy; yet much lighter on Zeke and Thomas. 

Part of that is not your fault because every photograph you find on the internet has different levels of contrast and exposure (whereas, if you took your own photos with your camera in the same lighting and location, you would have very similar settings for each photograph) based on the lighting that each game was played in (the lighting in Dallas is different than the lighting outside in New York or inside the Superdome). So if you apply the same Topaz Labs effect to different photographs, you’ll get varying results as you can see with your photoshop. 

• 3 weeks later...

For one of my fantasy leagues, we all have home cities (just like a real NFL team would). I used Excel to calculate the distance from each home city to each county in the continental US, and factored in some home-state advantage, and used some Legacy rankings that takes into consideration team success (including wins, points, playoff success) to determine which counties would root most for which teams in the league. This is the result using Excel's built in 3D-Maps.

YpwDD2d.png

XcryMwi.png

• 1 month later...

Between finishing up the school year with my students and being in Ethiopia for a month to pick up my new daughter, I have been pretty M.I.A. recently. I decided to splurge (using PayPal money my wife would never know was gone anyway) and actually purchased a football mockup template. I decided to try my hand at doing some color rush jerseys for the league. Halfway done. CC definitely welcome.

jNRnBqQ.png

XcryMwi.png

I figured out how many trades were made between each team in the history of our league (dating back to 2009). The size of the circle is total number of trades. The size of the line is the total number of trades made between each team. I do NOT claim ownership or the creativeness behind the vast majority of these logos (simple recolorings of other logos found on the web). I also apologize for the phallic looking logo on here as well. I don't pick the logo or team name, I just do the rest of the league's bidding.

QJ4E1DW.jpg

XcryMwi.png

Carolina Aviators

Chicago Foresters

Los Angeles Outlaws

New Orleans Assassins

Northman (there's one guy in every league that's gotta be boring)

Oakland Chaos

Rio Grande Revolution

San Antonio Dumpster Fire (he has since changed to Memphis Pumas)

San Francisco Fear Boners (from The League fame)

Seattle Stain

St Louis Pseudopods

Tampa Bay Hurricanes

There's been some team movement every year. Most of this output is from 2017 season.

XcryMwi.png

2 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

Any of these happen to come as a template for me to use?  They are amazing 

Appreciate the kind words. The only thing that was a template was the helmets. If there's a particular output you like, I can point you in the direction of some tutorials.

XcryMwi.png

1 hour ago, HRC4 said:

Appreciate the kind words. The only thing that was a template was the helmets. If there's a particular output you like, I can point you in the direction of some tutorials.

I'd like to see how you made the chaos/outlaws one

tinysig.jpg

Archived