City/State Color Identities

Section30

Section 30

You did a nice job on the Cincinnati theme.  For the Philadelphia theme you need to use the colors of our flag.  The Red, White and Blue.  I know the Eagles are big in the city, but the patriotic colors is what follows the city.  Could you please show us what that looks like?  I have to know.  Use the kind of blue you see on the USA flag.  

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/28/2017 at 8:03 PM, CollegeFootba11W4tcher said:

Section 30

You did a nice job on the Cincinnati theme.  For the Philadelphia theme you need to use the colors of our flag.  The Red, White and Blue.  I know the Eagles are big in the city, but the patriotic colors is what follows the city.  Could you please show us what that looks like?  I have to know.  Use the kind of blue you see on the USA flag.  

I would but I already have two cities planned to use red white and blue just in different shades, the main point of this was to give each city a color scheme unique to them. Like for the two teams that will be red white and blue the shades will be noticeably different to be able to tell them apart.

Also sorry everyone for the delay on LA part 2 I've been really busy with the holidays and hockey hopefully I'll get that up in the next day or two.

Alright, finally I was able to finish LA pt 2. I went with the first color scheme since it got one more vote than 3 and I felt like it was a warmer color scheme for a city like LA/Anaheim. The orange is for Orange county and the grapefruit is from the old Mighty Ducks colors, I feel this is a unique color scheme that fits the second half of "LA" teams well. As far as changes, the Chargers completely change, they drop their navy for grapefruit yellow for orange and powder blue for white. The Clippers replace blue and black with grapefruit and red for orange. The ducks just remove gold and bring back grapefruit instead of black, their logo is also modified to show the new colors. The Angels just do what the clippers did. And LAFC swaps black and gold for orange and grapefruit, since they haven't played a game yet they dont have a kit so I just made a quick simple mock up in the new colors.

2Li9BrN.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

14 hours ago, Section30 said:

...The orange is for Orange county and the grapefruit is from the old Mighty Ducks colors, I feel this is a unique color scheme that fits the second half of "LA" teams well. As far as changes, the Chargers completely change, they drop their navy for grapefruit yellow for orange and powder blue for white. The Clippers replace blue and black with grapefruit and red for orange. The ducks just remove gold and bring back grapefruit instead of black, their logo is also modified to show the new colors. The Angels just do what the clippers did. And LAFC swaps black and gold for orange and grapefruit, since they haven't played a game yet they dont have a kit so I just made a quick simple mock up in the new colors.

18 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Grapefruit.... or Eggplant?

Um, yeah, Section30...  you do understand "grapefruit" is a COMPLETELY different fruit from a "grape", don't you?

Grapefruit- large citrus fruit; yelllow/orange exterior, typically pinkish interior:

5-GettyImages-589116862.jpg?itok=q7gBjNs

Grapes: much smaller fruit, comes in varieties of purple, red and "white" (actually, green):

grapes-nutrition-facts.jpg

The Mighty Ducks, however, actually called their color PLUM which is yet another fruit:

iStock-157682002.jpg

It is what it is.

16 hours ago, Section30 said:

Alright, finally I was able to finish LA pt 2. I went with the first color scheme since it got one more vote than 3 and I felt like it was a warmer color scheme for a city like LA/Anaheim. The orange is for Orange county and the grapefruit is from the old Mighty Ducks colors, I feel this is a unique color scheme that fits the second half of "LA" teams well. As far as changes, the Chargers completely change, they drop their navy for grapefruit yellow for orange and powder blue for white. The Clippers replace blue and black with grapefruit and red for orange. The ducks just remove gold and bring back grapefruit instead of black, their logo is also modified to show the new colors. The Angels just do what the clippers did. And LAFC swaps black and gold for orange and grapefruit, since they haven't played a game yet they dont have a kit so I just made a quick simple mock up in the new colors.

2Li9BrN.png

I've been following this series for quite some time but never commented. Love this set, this color combo is really good and should be used more often.

Specially seeing a team like LAFC that has never played before, this looks so much better then the black and gold they actually went with. Great job, looking forward to the next ones

Looks like I stumbled upon the produce section of the boards. How enlightening.

Great concept btw, right choice in colors. The Ducks jersey is working for me especially.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Produce issues aside, I do like the orange & plum/eggplant scheme for Anaheim/California/L.A. 2, as it a slight variation on an earlier team in that same area (that played in Anaheim Stadium), and thus has some precedent:

110px-Southern_California_Sun.png03_tn.jpg

wfl-media-guide_southern-california-sun_

It is what it is.

Sorry for the absences lately, I've been really busy. Anyways, since there were no suggestions I decided to just go with the next two teams in alphabetical order that haven't been done yet. Up first is Baltimore. With two teams with colors that are essentially needed for their team name I just decided to try and blend them together with orange, purple, and black. For changes, I altered the shade of the Ravens purple to better match the color on their uniforms instead of the almost blue shade they use currently as well as swapping the gold fore orange. The Orioles just add purple as an accent color with the color of an Oriole being black and orange and all... The shades of purple as well as the addition of black keep Baltimore and LA2 separate.

Lr7EpeD.png

Next up we have the lovable losers from Buffalo, i would have added the Bandits to this but they are in a league that isn't in the major sports leagues I decided to use in this series even though the Bandits have a large following in Buffalo. Anyways, I decided on the Bills shade of blue and the Sabres yellow and gray accents to differentiate them from LA1. The Bills just swap red for yellow and have gray on the face mask (which they already did for some reason). The Sabres replace their current shade of blue for something closer to their old shade and keep the yellow and gray striping.

TP1cfNI.png

I'm back with the next team, Calgary Alberta. the first Canadian city in this thread goes with the classic Flames colors of red and yellow. No more black in their color as that would be the same as Atlanta. The Stampeders just swap black with yellow and retool their logo. The Flames essentially go back to their original logo in Calgary by dropping the black and replace all black with red or yellow on their uniform wherever it fit best. Feel free to leave suggestions for future cities you'd like to see.

WfYcJdv.png

Next up we have Edmonton, I decided since both the Eskimos and Oilers have such unique color schemes I'd have to do something a little different. The Oilers old copper color i thought would look good with their now navy blue. As for changes the Eskimos replace green fro Navy and yellow for copper. the Oilers make blue their primary color again and bring back copper instead of orange but without red  and silver this time. i think this is a unique color scheme that works well for Edmonton.

ex4ROLt.png

Up next we have Toronto. I knew I needed to have blue for the Leafs and the city flag as well as another color, the Argos use a two shade blue scheme that I thought would work really well with the rest of the teams. The main shade of blue comes from the Leafs and the light blue is from the Argos. As for changes the Argos change their shade of darker blue. the Raptors completely overhaul their black and red for two tones of blue. The leafs just add the light blue in the striping and veins of the logo to not take too much away from their history of just blue and white. The Jays do something similar to the Leafs by adding it in small doses, they still keep the red just for the maple leaf on their logo. Toronto FC also goes through a big overhaul, they swap grey and red for the blue and i personally really like how it looks, they keep the 3D maple leaf on the kit as the only other color.

Fo3rpkb.png

Archived