City/State Color Identities

Section30

2 hours ago, Section30 said:

New Jersey only has the Devils (there are other teams in NJ but they're called New York so that is what I classify them as)

And here is Miami with the Panthers pink and blue swapped.

sbWJRjC.png 

Like it for the dolphins can you try pink uniforms 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Section30 I'd like to see what you have in store for Salt Lake/Utah (basically Real Salt Lake and the Utah Jazz).

Would you go with the old Jazz colors of Purple/Green/Yellow? What about the Jazz's current Green/Navy/Yellow or Purple/Claret (RSL's red)/Yellow? Or Blue/Purple/Yellow? Or some other combo of Jazz and Real Salt Lake colors?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Moving on we have Indiana. I knew that blue was a must with the Colts and Pacers both using it, blue and yellow is already used by LA and blue yellow and gray by Buffalo so that wouldn't work, but then I noticed the Colts use traces of silver in their logos and on their cage. I felt that we needed another lighter blue city instead of dark so I picked the Colts blue along with silver for Indiana. As far as changes, the Colts just add more silver in their logo and on the stripes of their jersey. The Pacers lighten their blue and replace yellow with silver, their numbers are now white for better color balance.

L2Q9gvX.png

These all look awesome,  I'm surprised how much I like the gold on the RedBlacks. Same with the yellow on Buffalo.  Toronto in all blue is how it should have always been.

Are you going to finish the CFL or just stick to the cities with big 4 teams? Sask has a lacrosse team and junior hockey,  and Hamilton has the Bulldogs but they're already black and gold so I don't know if there's much to do there... 

Next up is Columbus, this was hard because I couldn't use the red white and blue of the Jackets nor the black and yellow of the Crew so I had to kind of compromise. The Blue Jackets of course need blue so I decided on the Crews black ad yellow along with the Blue Jackets lighter blue from their alternate jerseys. I tried to keep parts of both teams identities and i think it cam out fairy well. As far as changes, the Jackets lighten their blue, replace red with yellow, and add black. The Crew simply add blue to their logo and the cuffs and collar on their kit. I know this one will be one that's a little more "out there" but I feel like it is the best compromise for these teams while having a color scheme not used by another team. two teams already have some form of red white and blue, Pittsburgh is black and yellow, 2 teams use a form of blue and yellow and Detroit has Ohio State Red and Silver (Plus the Jackets need blue for their name) So I think that black blue and yellow is the way to go.

ASZnsBG.png

Let mew know what you think, CC is appreciated!

Even if Blue and Yellow aren't really well liked together in Columbus, for what it is you blended it well.I like the lighter color of blue in contrast with the 2 other colors, and making Black the main stripe is a good call.

At long last I decided to do New York. First up we have the red white and blue side of town. With the Giants, Rangers, Yankees and Red Bulls using red white and blue it was an easy choice, I decided on navy blue to keep the Yankees history, and red. As far as changes the Giants just darken their blue. The Nets replace black with navy and add red stripes. The Rangers just darken their red and blue. The Yankees are mostly unchanged, slightly more red is used now however (like batters gloves and such). The Red Bulls drop yellow, darken their blue and make their look more balanced.

hqXO2yx.png

The other side of NYC reps the cities official colors of blue range and white. With all the teams here besides the Jets already using a version of this it was an easy pick. As far as changes go the Jets had the biggest change by far replacing their iconic green and white for their new colors, the helmet stripes are alternating to look like the city flag. The Knicks drop silver. Isles remain the same, so do the Mets. NYCFC drops their lighter blue and makes orange and white more present.

pwM8urE.png

Let me know what you think CC is appreciated!

Alright next up is Utah, I went with a blue-ish purple along with the Jazz's current green and yellow, the blue-ish purple comes from Real Salt Lake. There's not much to say about this so as far as changes go the jazz deepen their blue, and RSL alters their blue and yellow slightly and swaps red for green.

rgZjE7T.png

Since Colorado looks similar to Philly, what if you do purple and Burgundy? since the Rockies use purple and its a color usually associated with Colorado due to Pikes Peak and purple mountain majesty (which can also be used for Canada but also used with Colorado)

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

On 4/15/2018 at 11:09 AM, CodeG said:

Since Colorado looks similar to Philly, what if you do purple and Burgundy? since the Rockies use purple and its a color usually associated with Colorado due to Pikes Peak and purple mountain majesty (which can also be used for Canada but also used with Colorado)

How's this? the Rockies purple with a lighter blue like the Nuggets used to use.

ESdLeWC.png

Also, just wondering if anyone has any requests?

I like Colorado, but I feel like either the purple isn't dark enough to properly balance the blue, or there's not enough purple in the logos (Nuggets and Avalanche, specifically). The uniforms look fine, but I think there's a color imbalance in the logos.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived