City/State Color Identities

Section30

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2018 at 8:25 PM, Section30 said:

Next up is Columbus, this was hard because I couldn't use the red white and blue of the Jackets nor the black and yellow of the Crew so I had to kind of compromise. The Blue Jackets of course need blue so I decided on the Crews black ad yellow along with the Blue Jackets lighter blue from their alternate jerseys. I tried to keep parts of both teams identities and i think it cam out fairy well. As far as changes, the Jackets lighten their blue, replace red with yellow, and add black. The Crew simply add blue to their logo and the cuffs and collar on their kit. I know this one will be one that's a little more "out there" but I feel like it is the best compromise for these teams while having a color scheme not used by another team. two teams already have some form of red white and blue, Pittsburgh is black and yellow, 2 teams use a form of blue and yellow and Detroit has Ohio State Red and Silver (Plus the Jackets need blue for their name) So I think that black blue and yellow is the way to go.

ASZnsBG.png

Let mew know what you think, CC is appreciated!

The yellow star looks particularly off as there isn't enough contrast between yellow and white. Maybe you could try to swap white with black just on the star.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

3 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I like Colorado, but I feel like either the purple isn't dark enough to properly balance the blue, or there's not enough purple in the logos (Nuggets and Avalanche, specifically). The uniforms look fine, but I think there's a color imbalance in the logos.

Ok, so I updated the Avs logo, as for the Nuggets, there's not really any way to add more purple. 

8gtMLLD.png

2 hours ago, Pulv! said:

The yellow star looks particularly off as there isn't enough contrast between yellow and white. Maybe you could try to swap white with black just on the star.

How's this?

nqEUgBS.png

Next up is the Bay Area, with 3 cities with more than one team this was interesting. Lets start with San Jose. I went with the Sharks original colors of black, teal, and silver as I felt that it was a unique scheme the when I see it I think San Jose. As far as changes, the Sharks replace orange with silver and the Quakes alter their blue to teal and replace red with silver.

mPinfTP.jpg

Next up we have Oakland. I knew I needed black for the Raiders and green for the A's so that's what I did. As far as changes the Raiders drop silver for green, their helmets are now white and their pants are green. the Warriors replace blue and yellow completely. And finally the A's drop yellow and add black like they used to have.

3tyAl6o.png

The last Bay are team is San Francisco. I decided on the Niners deep red and gold. I added Golden State since they will move there next year. As far as changes the Niners dont change. The Warriors alter their yellow to gold, and their blue is now red with black added. And the Giants make black an accent color with red replacing it and gold replacing orange.

WjUQ2U4.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

Love the color selections on the bay area. Which side would the warriors pick? This is where the dilemma is, but regardless, great work, i see now we need a red and gold baseball team, its SO GOOD. And the bright green is missing in baseball. Well done here

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

8 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I also think warriors should only be in one

I only put the Warriors in 2 because they are moving next year. So if this was just based on this year they would only be in Oakland but I put them in San Francisco to show how when they move their colors will change.

Next up we have Kansas City, with 2 teams using doublw blue I thought I could use that along with gold to have a unique scheme for the city. As far as changes, the Chiefs completely change, replacing red with blue and yellow with gold, light blue stripes are still found and the helmet is now light blue. The Royals just add light blue to the number on the front of their jersey and add more gold like on the hats and helmets. Sporting KC alters their darker blue slightly, and replaces silver with gold.

qQsCm2q.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

Archived