City/State Color Identities

Section30

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Section30 said:

As requested by @ahowe6464 here is Boston. For Boston I Knew I needed Red for the Red Sox as well as the Pats and Revolution using Red I also knew there needed to be green as the Celtics identity is essentially all green. Also the flag of New England has these colors so I felt they'd be a good fit for Boston. For the changes to each team the Patriots drop blue for green and get rid of silver to match the other teams, the Celtics add traces of red, the Bruins have the most drastic change replacing black with green and yellow with red (the shouldrs look dark but that's just the shadow its actually light like the breezers), the Sox logo remains the same only replacing blue with green on the uniform, and finally the Revolution just replace the blue for green (I know the logo is supposed to be the us flag with a soccer ball but to make this work I had to make it green).

w4nQk4a.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

The Boston Bucks?

I’m enjoying this so far. I hope Cleveland isn’t forced to use brown because of the browns. That wouldn’t look good with the cavs or Indians ?but maybe a maroon could work for all 3. Maroon is close enough to brown to pass for the browns, the cavs would just change the shade and the Indians could turn red to maroon. Maroon and navy is a good combination.

Sorry for being gone a couple days I've been busy with hockey, up next we have Cincinnati. As suggested by a couple people I went with a reddish orange along with black and white. I knew I needed some kind of red for the Reds and it couldn't be fully red with the Bengals so I feel this is a good compromise. The Bengals just made their orange more reddish and the reds made their red a little orangeish that's the only change to each team.

YgHnOYv.png

17 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Um...It's "Cincinnati," bub. :P

My bad lol

33 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Cool series. Curious to see what you do when you get to NY...may need to make 2 separate ones.

I was planning on doing two for New York and two for LA since they both have so many teams

Charlotte would be pretty cool to see... Between the Panthers, the Hornets, the Knights, the Checkers, and the Independence there are a slew of colors to choose from. As far as ideas for what I would do with the colors is a mix of the Panther's Carolina Blue, the Hornet's Teal & Purple, Black and White...

Since a couple people mentioned Minnesota I decided to give my home state a try. I've always loved the Vikings colors and whenever I see them I always think of Minnesota as well as Princes color being purple. IMO Minnesota should be purple, and I love how purple and gold go together. As for the changes this was one of the more drastic ones I've had to do with none of the teams having similar color schemes. The Vikings just replaced the black outline in their logo with purple like I've always thought they should look, the T-Wolves replaced the dark blue with purple and the light blue and green with gold, the wild swapped green for purple and red for gold, the twins lightened their blue to purple and put gold where the red was, and finally MN United replaces the black on their logo and the gray on their uniform with purple while swapping the silver on the logo and blue on the kit for gold with the blue from the logo becoming white.

TjT0wlX.png

Let me know what you think, CC appreciated!

On 12/11/2017 at 2:26 PM, Section30 said:

Sorry for being gone a couple days I've been busy with hockey, up next we have Cincinnati. As suggested by a couple people I went with a reddish orange along with black and white. I knew I needed some kind of red for the Reds and it couldn't be fully red with the Bengals so I feel this is a good compromise. The Bengals just made their orange more reddish and the reds made their red a little orangeish that's the only change to each team.

YgHnOYv.png

I really like this color scheme. I think red-orange is probably my favorite color, if I had to pick one.

I know it's only 2 teams (one of which is MLS), but I'd love to see you tackle Utah/Salt Lake.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I’m a little bummed to see you not go with royal blue & green, but it’s hard to go wrong with purple and gold. The only thing I would say is that since you replaced the black in the Vikings logo with purple, maybe you could try making the facemask and black in the helmet logo purple as well?

Although I’d love to see a version of the set with royal and kelly, I think the Wolves are the biggest improvement of the group along with the Wild. Nice job!

Archived