Section30

City/State Color Identities

Recommended Posts

Section 30

You did a nice job on the Cincinnati theme.  For the Philadelphia theme you need to use the colors of our flag.  The Red, White and Blue.  I know the Eagles are big in the city, but the patriotic colors is what follows the city.  Could you please show us what that looks like?  I have to know.  Use the kind of blue you see on the USA flag.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 8:03 PM, CollegeFootba11W4tcher said:

Section 30

You did a nice job on the Cincinnati theme.  For the Philadelphia theme you need to use the colors of our flag.  The Red, White and Blue.  I know the Eagles are big in the city, but the patriotic colors is what follows the city.  Could you please show us what that looks like?  I have to know.  Use the kind of blue you see on the USA flag.  

 

I would but I already have two cities planned to use red white and blue just in different shades, the main point of this was to give each city a color scheme unique to them. Like for the two teams that will be red white and blue the shades will be noticeably different to be able to tell them apart.

 

Also sorry everyone for the delay on LA part 2 I've been really busy with the holidays and hockey hopefully I'll get that up in the next day or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, finally I was able to finish LA pt 2. I went with the first color scheme since it got one more vote than 3 and I felt like it was a warmer color scheme for a city like LA/Anaheim. The orange is for Orange county and the grapefruit is from the old Mighty Ducks colors, I feel this is a unique color scheme that fits the second half of "LA" teams well. As far as changes, the Chargers completely change, they drop their navy for grapefruit yellow for orange and powder blue for white. The Clippers replace blue and black with grapefruit and red for orange. The ducks just remove gold and bring back grapefruit instead of black, their logo is also modified to show the new colors. The Angels just do what the clippers did. And LAFC swaps black and gold for orange and grapefruit, since they haven't played a game yet they dont have a kit so I just made a quick simple mock up in the new colors.

 

2Li9BrN.png

 

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grapefruit.... or Eggplant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Section30 said:

...The orange is for Orange county and the grapefruit is from the old Mighty Ducks colors, I feel this is a unique color scheme that fits the second half of "LA" teams well. As far as changes, the Chargers completely change, they drop their navy for grapefruit yellow for orange and powder blue for white. The Clippers replace blue and black with grapefruit and red for orange. The ducks just remove gold and bring back grapefruit instead of black, their logo is also modified to show the new colors. The Angels just do what the clippers did. And LAFC swaps black and gold for orange and grapefruit, since they haven't played a game yet they dont have a kit so I just made a quick simple mock up in the new colors.

 

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

 

18 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Grapefruit.... or Eggplant?

 

Um, yeah, Section30...  you do understand "grapefruit" is a COMPLETELY different fruit from a "grape", don't you?

 

Grapefruit- large citrus fruit; yelllow/orange exterior, typically pinkish interior:

5-GettyImages-589116862.jpg?itok=q7gBjNs

 

Grapes: much smaller fruit, comes in varieties of purple, red and "white" (actually, green):

grapes-nutrition-facts.jpg

 

The Mighty Ducks, however, actually called their color PLUM which is yet another fruit:

iStock-157682002.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Section30 said:

Alright, finally I was able to finish LA pt 2. I went with the first color scheme since it got one more vote than 3 and I felt like it was a warmer color scheme for a city like LA/Anaheim. The orange is for Orange county and the grapefruit is from the old Mighty Ducks colors, I feel this is a unique color scheme that fits the second half of "LA" teams well. As far as changes, the Chargers completely change, they drop their navy for grapefruit yellow for orange and powder blue for white. The Clippers replace blue and black with grapefruit and red for orange. The ducks just remove gold and bring back grapefruit instead of black, their logo is also modified to show the new colors. The Angels just do what the clippers did. And LAFC swaps black and gold for orange and grapefruit, since they haven't played a game yet they dont have a kit so I just made a quick simple mock up in the new colors.

 

2Li9BrN.png

 

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!


I've been following this series for quite some time but never commented. Love this set, this color combo is really good and should be used more often.

Specially seeing a team like LAFC that has never played before, this looks so much better then the black and gold they actually went with. Great job, looking forward to the next ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I stumbled upon the produce section of the boards. How enlightening.

 

Great concept btw, right choice in colors. The Ducks jersey is working for me especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Produce issues aside, I do like the orange & plum/eggplant scheme for Anaheim/California/L.A. 2, as it a slight variation on an earlier team in that same area (that played in Anaheim Stadium), and thus has some precedent:

 

110px-Southern_California_Sun.png03_tn.jpg

 

wfl-media-guide_southern-california-sun_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the absences lately, I've been really busy. Anyways, since there were no suggestions I decided to just go with the next two teams in alphabetical order that haven't been done yet. Up first is Baltimore. With two teams with colors that are essentially needed for their team name I just decided to try and blend them together with orange, purple, and black. For changes, I altered the shade of the Ravens purple to better match the color on their uniforms instead of the almost blue shade they use currently as well as swapping the gold fore orange. The Orioles just add purple as an accent color with the color of an Oriole being black and orange and all... The shades of purple as well as the addition of black keep Baltimore and LA2 separate.

 

Lr7EpeD.png

 

Next up we have the lovable losers from Buffalo, i would have added the Bandits to this but they are in a league that isn't in the major sports leagues I decided to use in this series even though the Bandits have a large following in Buffalo. Anyways, I decided on the Bills shade of blue and the Sabres yellow and gray accents to differentiate them from LA1. The Bills just swap red for yellow and have gray on the face mask (which they already did for some reason). The Sabres replace their current shade of blue for something closer to their old shade and keep the yellow and gray striping.

 

TP1cfNI.png

 

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now