City/State Color Identities

Section30

As requested by @Gman13 here is Seattle. I decided that since all the teams use a similar green and blue color scheme this would be easy. I went with the Seahawks colors as I felt they popped the most. The colors are navy, bright green, silver, and white. As far as changes the Seahawks dont change anything. The Mariners have the biggest change by replacing their teal for the new green and they darken their current blue. The Sounders now just have one shade of blue and add silver, while adjusting their green.

xT4FFRZ.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Section30 said:

As requested by @Gman13 here is Seattle. I decided that since all the teams use a similar green and blue color scheme this would be easy. I went with the Seahawks colors as I felt they popped the most. The colors are navy, bright green, silver, and white. As far as changes the Seahawks dont change anything. The Mariners have the biggest change by replacing their teal for the new green and they darken their current blue. The Sounders now just have one shade of blue and add silver, while adjusting their green.

xT4FFRZ.png

This looks great, especially considering that there’s talks about an NHL team in Seattle.

Seattle looks great! Two requests: could you add the SuperSonics to Seattle? I just want to see how they'd look without the iconic green/yellow. Second, can you do Charlotte/North Carolina next? I think that Hornets purple and Carolina Blue would look fantastic. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

8 minutes ago, hecticbro said:

Can you do Detroit next? Great series, by the way.

Ooh, Detroit is a tough one. On the one hand, you can't have a team called the Red Wings not wear red, but on the other hand, I can't picture the Tigers in anything but navy and orange. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:04 PM, BellaSpurs said:

You ever thought about doing States? Or provinces also i guess. Including (notable) college teams or minor league teams?

I thought about it, but I felt that there are too many colleges and minor league teams in each state/province to do something like that. Plus in most cases those in state teams are each others biggest rivals so to put them in the same colors would be weird as well as hard to do because I'd need to pick one schools colors and assign them to their rival. 

Anyways, heres our next city. Detroit. I knew I needed red for the Red Wings, And I thought that the Lions silver would work well with it. As far as changes for each team, the Lions swap their blue for red. The Pistons drop blue and add silver accents. The Red Wings add small amounts of silver on the stripes and logo (the Wings have used silver once already for the centennial game) And finally the Tigers replace their navy for red and orange for silver.

o3DWbut.png

Ok up next we have Carolina. I knew that they needed Carolina blue because, duh. After that I knew I needed a dark color, I decided on the Hornets deep purple. This left the teams with a unique color scheme of purple, Carolina blue, and silver (the silver is barely used, accent color only). With 2 teams in Charlotte and one in Raleigh I thought I could do something small to signify which is which so i made the blue the primary for the Canes and Purple for the Panthers and Hornets. As far as changes the Panthers just replace their black for purple. The Hornets adjust the teal to Carolina blue. And the Hurricanes make the most drastic change by dropping their red and black for purple and blue. 

l005kgP.png

Carolina is absolutely gorgeous! I love the purple on the Panthers and the Carolina blue on the Hornets! And I must say, the Hurricanes is the biggest upgrade on the bunch. Well done!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Up next is Orlando, I went with black and silver from the Magic and the purple for Orlando City. As far as changes there isn't much of a drastic change for either team, the Magic just change their blue to purple and City drops their gold and adds silver and black.

kcNLplm.png

Let me know what you think, C is appreciated!

31 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Up next is Orlando, I went with black and silver from the Magic and the purple for Orlando City. As far as changes there isn't much of a drastic change for either team, the Magic just change their blue to purple and City drops their gold and adds silver and black.

kcNLplm.png

Let me know what you think, C is appreciated!

I absolutely love the purple on the Magic, and the grey on the Orlando City FC, if only they were real. Anyway, again, thanks for my request!

Archived