theflakeband

Rebuilding FBS College Football (2/10 ACC HELMETS DONE)

Recommended Posts

On 12/9/2017 at 10:32 AM, jbru119 said:

Um, don't listen to this guy. Iowa already has a black & yellow team.

 

Okay, Im not trying to argue here, but I said, REPLACE yellow with black.  So yellow is removed altogether, which would remove any resemblance to TTOE.  

 

Second,  I know something you don't...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea and can't wait to see where it goes from here. Couple things though. 1, I feel like the American Conference would work better as a East division/West division conference rather than North/South. 2, if you're keeping the teams' current uniform providers, then Utah State should be Nike, not Adidas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 6:52 AM, Cardsblues02 said:

Iowa State’s HC said he wants to make uni changes. He added the white helmet and gray uni. Highly doubt he ever eliminates yellow. 

 

Iowa State is getting new football uniforms next season, it's been confirmed.  Also, Campbell always wears black during practices and ever since he came in, they've worn gold as a main color in the uniform 3 times, all in 2016, as the pants color.  Yellow is on the way out, and it'll be either eliminated or used sparingly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

 

Iowa State is getting new football uniforms next season, it's been confirmed.  Also, Campbell always wears black during practices and ever since he came in, they've worn gold as a main color in the uniform 3 times, all in 2016, as the pants color.  Yellow is on the way out, and it'll be either eliminated or used sparingly.  

Damn. Didn’t realize that. Sad, as I love gold and red. I think their look is outstanding. Really too bad, but excited to see what he brings in! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Damn. Didn’t realize that. Sad, as I love gold and red. I think their look is outstanding. Really too bad, but excited to see what he brings in! 

 

Sorry ive been getting a little heated about this topic guys, just that I was with the program (not anymore for personal reasons) and still friends with some guys in the program, and actually worked directly with this part of the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 3:51 AM, itsmb8 said:

 

Okay, Im not trying to argue here, but I said, REPLACE yellow with black.  So yellow is removed altogether, which would remove any resemblance to TTOE.  

 

Second,  I know something you don't...

Sorry, misread that, but I hope you're wrong. Is this Jacob Park? Ditching gold, the color Jack Trice wore, would be a huge slap in the face of what little tradition this program has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jbru119 said:

Sorry, misread that, but I hope you're wrong. Is this Jacob Park? Ditching gold, the color Jack Trice wore, would be a huge slap in the face of what little tradition this program has. 

Iowa State football is literally just a slightly better version of Kansas. Why would they get rid of gold? Goes away from traditional look. Makes no sense to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jbru119 said:

Sorry, misread that, but I hope you're wrong. Is this Jacob Park? Ditching gold, the color Jack Trice wore, would be a huge slap in the face of what little tradition this program has. 

Another former Cyclone here. I'm with you. They need to keep gold involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reiterating what the rumor is inside the program considering Ive been in the program.  Its either being removed completely or being used as a complimentary color.  It will NOT be a prominent color in the redesigned uniforms.  Also, black is being added.  The gray uniforms and the new black and gray basketball uniforms should be a good indicator of what the new uniforms will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Just reiterating what the rumor is inside the program considering Ive been in the program.  Its either being removed completely or being used as a complimentary color.  It will NOT be a prominent color in the redesigned uniforms.  Also, black is being added.  The gray uniforms and the new black and gray basketball uniforms should be a good indicator of what the new uniforms will be.

BLACK...AND...GRAY...MUST...DIE........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2017 at 10:38 PM, itsmb8 said:

Just reiterating what the rumor is inside the program considering Ive been in the program.  Its either being removed completely or being used as a complimentary color.  It will NOT be a prominent color in the redesigned uniforms.  Also, black is being added.  The gray uniforms and the new black and gray basketball uniforms should be a good indicator of what the new uniforms will be.

If this is true, it would be tragic, but I find it really hard to believe. I'm sure we'll see more BS "anthracite" (it's gray...) & other gimmicky costumes in the future, but highly doubt they would ever use black as long as Iowa is black & yellow (which will be forever). GFGS & BFBS is gross. It works for Oregon b/c they are Nike's little test laboratory, but don't bring that $#!+ to my school, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jbru119 said:

If this is true, it would be tragic, but I find it really hard to believe. I'm sure we'll see more BS "anthracite" (it's gray...) & other gimmicky costumes in the future, but highly doubt they would ever use black as long as Iowa is black & yellow (which will be forever). GFGS & BFBS is gross. It works for Oregon b/c they are Nike's little test laboratory, but don't bring that $#!+ to my school, please.

100% agree. As a TCU fan, I hope Iowa State keeps what they have. Their image is good right now uni wise. Not perfect, but it fits them. The all white look is clean. Most teams have a gimmick they wear once a season, like Iowa State’s GFGS unis (which is one of the only gray unis I actually like). Even Ohio State has one! But adding Black is wrong on so many levels. I hope that it NEVER happens. I cannot imagine a day that Iowa State wears black. It would be very sad. 

 

I mean, it would be like TCU adding red to their color scheme! Oh wait...<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think its really out of the question to be honest.  The recruiting quarter-zip all staff got is black and gray, Campbell wears black almost every practice, and Iowa State has a black-and-white version of their logo on their athletics site as an official logo.  Personally I truly don't care that much as long as the new uniforms are clean, but I wouldn't mind seeing gold just a bit less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACC

Atlantic Divison

Boston College Eagles

3XbVotS.png

 

Clemson Tigers

EQsm6YV.png

 

Louisville Cardinals

0DgSmcy.png

 

Pittsburgh Panthers

iO0pHdD.png

 

Syracuse Orange

4SCvmkw.png

 

UCF Knights

RWF0n8S.png

 

UConn Huskies

Z2r3NHE.png

 

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

3rbZKaJ.png

 

West Virginia Mountaineers

DtMvnWF.png

Coastal Division

 

Duke Blue Devils

LXnzTnq.png

 

Florida State Seminols

FKIg0vq.png

 

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

ifUqS0q.png

 

Miami(FL) Hurricanes

tuYsqeV.png

 

North Carolina Tar Heels

OvBkvvQ.png

 

North Carolina St Wolfpack

IjzwERq.png

 

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

iBzChvU.png

 

Virginia Cavaliers

4kz8gBN.png

 

Virginia Tech Hokies

NG61axe.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now