Seattle NHL Logo concept

JQK

Stellar work!! I love the modernization of the well-known Metropolitans "S" mark and sweaters. I can see where some people will accuse it of being a merge of the Ottawa Senators =0= crest and Minnesota Wild colors, but whatever, I love it!!

Furthermore, thank you for doing a Seattle concept that doesn't use that God-awful electric lime/neon/snot green that everyone thinks needs to be a Seattle color.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

5 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Looks great, I’d just change the colours to avoid Wild comparisons.

Triple that. 

I'd go with double green and tan. Or double green and yellow, to match the Storm and (eventual) return of the Sonics. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Put me on the team with concerns about Wild comparisons but otherwise this is tremendous.  I know the teal/blue sorta deal that goes with the Mariners and Seahawks has been done to death in Seattle (see the WHL's Thunderbirds) but it might still work here.  Colors aside it's the best Seattle NHL concept I've seen so far and there are many amazing ones out there.

mainescarf.png

I like this work. 

The red, green and white were the colours of the original 1917 Stanley Cup champion Seattle Metropolitans.  This concept is clearly built on that team, with  the red S and the striping also harking back to that team.  Changing the colours may work, but it would lose some of that history.  bb770852-b3d8-11e4-abb2-6f3fcdea777c-780

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived