North American Pro Soccer 2018

Gothamite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Digby said:

Zlatan's salary does seem suspiciously low. But MLS is also at a point on the field where I feel less conspiratorial about these matters.

Zlatan's at that point too where he has to prove he still has something. I also wonder if he's still getting paid by Manchester United as well since they terminated the contract early. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Question for anybody familiar. As far talent/skill level goes, how does the Australian A-League compare to MLS? In general I don't pay much attention to leagues in other countries, but the Copa90 YouTube channels have sparked my interest in the A-League. The Sydney Derby video in particular lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The A-League hangs its hat on the Melbourne and Sydney derbies...but I've found the rest of the league to be lacking if you're not watching one of those derbies or following one of the clubs involved in them.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

6 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

The A-League hangs its hat on the Melbourne and Sydney derbies...but I've found the rest of the league to be lacking if you're not watching one of those derbies or following one of the clubs involved in them.

That's sorta true about a lot of leagues. If you're not one of the big teams from a big city in the country, you're often overlooked. Look at England. London and Manchester.. Not one of those, you're a castoff.

In the US, the idea that all teams should have a roughly equal shot at a title is different. Other countries just don't see it that way. Team placement puts a bunch of teams in one major city (imagine NFL with 7 NYC area teams?), and without a real salary cap, the cities with the most money wins more than those who don't.

Where TF is Zlatan? The game is on national TV. People are tuning in for a lot, but give then people what they want.

I'm too invested in the Sounders now, but if I weren't I'd be all in on LAFC. They're so fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Where TF is Zlatan? The game is on national TV. People are tuning in for a lot, but give then people what they want.

I'm too invested in the Sounders now, but if I weren't I'd be all in on LAFC. They're so fun.

There he goes. Figured he wouldn't start in his first game.

Well gawdam... Talk about a tale of two halves. Galaxy gave LAFC one on that own goal and they still lost :lol:

The LAFC fans of the internet needed this humbling. Because they've been pretty obnoxious. Not the guys here so much, but on other boards I frequent LAFC's fans have been really douching it up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna do some chores while I wait for DC United to disappoint me later tonight ^_^

LAFC have no one to blame but themselves. They should have won this game easily. After being so dominant in the first 50 minutes, they seem to be content to sit on the 3-0 lead. I hate it when teams do that. The minute you stop playing your game (i.e. an aggressive and relentless attack), you're going to lose. Doesn't matter what sport it is. They did this against Seattle too and were lucky to escape with the W then. 

Zlatan's first goal was outstanding. Simply a ridiculous goal. You won't see a better goal in this league, guaranteed. 

If I have one gripe about the game, what's the point of having VAR if the officials are unwilling to use it? His second goal shouldn't have counted. He was offside. But if LAFC didn't take the foot off the pedal, it shouldn't have mattered anyways.

GG Galaxy. Onto the next one. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

LAFC have no one to blame but themselves. They should have won this game easily. After being so dominant in the first 50 minutes, they seem to be content to sit on the 3-0 lead. I hate it when teams do that. The minute you stop playing your game (i.e. an aggressive and relentless attack), you're going to lose. Doesn't matter what sport it is. They did this against Seattle too and were lucky to escape with the W then. 

Zlatan's first goal was outstanding. Simply a ridiculous goal. You won't see a better goal in this league, guaranteed. 

If I have one gripe about the game, what's the point of having VAR if the officials are unwilling to use it? His second goal shouldn't have counted. He was offside. But if LAFC didn't take the foot off the pedal, it shouldn't have mattered anyways.

GG Galaxy. Onto the next one. 

That first goal was superb, David Villa-esque (Can ya tell I can watch both Metropolitan clubs on tv?)

People on tv are gushing over that second "goal."  I'm being crushed by the younger fans who are calling me haters on Twitter for bringing into the conversation that he was offsides.  

Commish Don has a lot of explaining to do.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I’m totally baffled by VAR. They seemingly use it when they shouldn’t and overturn what shouldn’t be, and then let bad calls stand. I don’t get it. 

Mostly I’m just jealous I didn’t get to watch that game. Even if Zlatan was offside on the second goal (and even if they overturned it),  it would have been a lot of fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna do some chores while I wait for DC United to disappoint me later tonight ^_^

Take heart. If DCU is disappointing enough tonight, then at least I’ll be happy. :P

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I’m totally baffled by VAR. They seemingly use it when they shouldn’t and overturn what shouldn’t be, and then let bad calls stand. I don’t get it. 

Mostly I’m just jealous I didn’t get to watch that game. Even if Zlatan was offside on the second goal (and even if they overturned it),  it would have been a lot of fun to watch. 

Take heart. If DCU is disappointing enough tonight, then at least I’ll be happy. :P

The first goal was great, field awareness was on point.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

4 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I guess congratulations are in order for you good sir.

Well... at least DC United has a shiny new stadium opening in July -_-

Archived