North American Pro Soccer 2018

Gothamite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Halloween?  Not sure that’s actually true. 

A lot of us in New York had already bought the full set of playoff tickets, but we have Trick or Treating at the same time. I only have so many Halloweens with my kids, and I’m not going to sacrifice one of them for a soccer game, even a playoff knockout game. 

Fortunately, NYCFC has given us another home match this weekend, that I can and will go to.

A guy at work is a Timbers fan and he was nervous about playing on the road tonight. I knew he had no reason to be: FC Dallas has a real talent for flaming out in the playoffs. Tonight is no different. I can't blame Dallas fans for staying home after all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 hours ago, Corvus said:

Multiple players throwing other players under the bus, evidence of problems with cliques, front office ducking all blame for a bad season.  It was raw. 

Oh, memories of the early TFC days. 

I think top to bottom Vancouver needs to make changes starting with Lenarduzzi. I mean, he knew something was wrong and says "I don't know why something wasn't done"? Dude. You're the president. Step in and do something.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

6 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Oh, memories of the early TFC days. 

I think top to bottom Vancouver needs to make changes starting with Lenarduzzi. I mean, he knew something was wrong and says "I don't know why something wasn't done"? Dude. You're the president. Step in and do something.

Agreed. He gets a free ride from the media due to his NASL glory days and being a local guy, but the guy has been in place since day one and he's allegedly the leader but constantly ducks blame. 

The team has been a mess for at least two years, we had Ousted and Morales getting into a fight back then. 

How quickly things change. Gutted for Deleon. 

Great turnaround from D.C. though. Hopefully a full season of Audi Field makes the difference next year. 

spacer.png

PKs are the worst way to end a game but man are they exciting to watch. DC had a great season that ended in the worst way, but hopefully things turn around next year. Teams that invest in stadiums like that and have good support deserve success.

Onto LAFC! I love playoff soccer.

The whole crowd singing the national anthem is pretty sweet. They do this at Century Link too; I'm wary of nationalism, but collectivism at a soccer match can be a pretty cool feeling.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

LAFC supporters throw ice and beer cups at Nick Rimando, he gives up a goal, and then Mark Geiger just suspended the game.

Way to go dumbasses. There's no place for any of this. They need to empty the supporters section.

The LAFC fans that are throwing s*** on the field are absolute garbage. 

They gotta ban and arrest those douches.

I expected better from the 3252. It’s coming from their section too.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm rooting for RSL because I really want to see Portland/Seattle in round 2. But I'm also rooting for RSL because LAFC's ultras can piss up a rope. There's no way all that nonsense didn't affect Rimando before the free kick goal.

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'm rooting for RSL because I really want to see Portland/Seattle in round 2. But I'm also rooting for RSL because LAFC's ultras can piss up a rope. There's no way all that nonsense didn't affect Rimando before the free kick goal.

There's actually a beer puddle on the field now. That's ridiculous.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Disappointing showing here tonight. 

I knew our defense was going to be our downfall this season. We can score with the best of them, but can’t play a lick of defense. We’ve shown that all year. 

Then coupled with the fans throwing s*** onto the field and that chant returning. Ugh.

I think we left a pretty bad impression with this game, in terms of the fan base. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived