US Cricket League - Beltway and Chicago logos open!

raysox

1 hour ago, FlyingLamprey said:

JzlMIWt.png

Did some brainstorming today and came up with this.  It's got the shield and middle stripe of Philadelphia's coat of arms with a keystone, monogram, and wicket.  I tried fooling around with other colors (I had a nice navy and cream look at one point), but I feel like this is the best combination I could come up with for this design.  

The colors make sense because of the coat of arm, but could we see that navy and cream look?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, FlyingLamprey said:

JzlMIWt.png

Did some brainstorming today and came up with this.  It's got the shield and middle stripe of Philadelphia's coat of arms with a keystone, monogram, and wicket.  I tried fooling around with other colors (I had a nice navy and cream look at one point), but I feel like this is the best combination I could come up with for this design.  

I love it, but I would personally suggest a much crisper font, particularly for the "CCC" in the keystone.

I added PHILA to the digital version:

https://imgur.com/a/DAYrY

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/DAYrY"><a href="//imgur.com/DAYrY"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also, if anyone knows how to embed an image from Imgur, that would be helpful.

I'm really liking Gswansea's option tbh. Uses a unique shape with plenty of partial logo opportunities to be had by breaking it down, for jerseys and merchandise purposes.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I'm totally good with @gswansea's option.  My only note is that the text for "Club" doesn't feel centered in the banner, but other than that it looks great.  I'd love to tweak mine but I'm going to be busy until after New Year's, so I think I'll withdraw my submission for Philly and focus on a different city once I have the time.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

So one cool thing about this game is the community uploads for mods. There's a lot of teams and players, and so there were downloads for the USA team. I spent today updating the generic logos the original guy used to match the national team. There's even real players on these teams so I will match where they go for their club team. The national players seem to be 60-79 rating so that's our target for teams. Gonna use a lot of these unattached players for the rosters.

Here is the pic of the USA team matching the real one, which I uploaded as an update. Canada will be next while we wait for an agreement on Philadelphia. Also you get to build a home stadium and I'm getting as close as I can to one for each team. NYC's is surrounded by buildings, and Philadelphia is a country club style.

USACanada.png

USA.png

1 hour ago, raysox said:

So one cool thing about this game is the community uploads for mods. There's a lot of teams and players, and so there were downloads for the USA team. I spent today updating the generic logos the original guy used to match the national team. There's even real players on these teams so I will match where they go for their club team. The national players seem to be 60-79 rating so that's our target for teams. Gonna use a lot of these unattached players for the rosters.

Here is the pic of the USA team matching the real one, which I uploaded as an update. Canada will be next while we wait for an agreement on Philadelphia. Also you get to build a home stadium and I'm getting as close as I can to one for each team. NYC's is surrounded by buildings, and Philadelphia is a country club style.

USACanada.png

USA.png

Sorry if you've already mentioned it before, but what game are you using for that? Is that Don Bradman Cricket 17?

While we have Philly almost done, let's do another.

Atlanta.jpg

So Atlanta is building a great huge facility north of town for cricket. It seems like there's a pretty big community there and I want it to fit in, so Black and Red. That's the most important thing. But other than that we can use any imagery. My concept logo had a phoenix and stripes, but we could do an ATL logo or something. I'm gonna play with some ideas and get back to you, but anything better than Atlanta Cricket would be rad.

It'd be really cool if we could incorporate Swats (Southwest Atlanta, too strong) into the name, since it's not only a well-known moniker for Atlanta, but also a major action in cricket. However, if they're gonna be based in Northern ATL, that wouldn't make much sense. A6CC would also be a unique name, A for Atlanta and 6 for 6er, plus it fits in with Atlanta's penchant for hip abbreviations.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived