NBA 2K E League Logo Unveil

arcane

NBA 2K E League Article

screen-shot-2017-12-10-at-5-05-31-pm.jpg

NBA 2K‘s popularity is impossible to ignore. On any given night, you’ll see NBA players tweeting about NBA 2K, whether it’s complaining about their overall rating or trash talking the rest of the league about their skill level. NBA 2K has successfully become part of the of the basketball conversation everywhere, and 2K Sports teamed up with the NBA to take that popularity to a new level with the announcement of the first official NBA 2K eSports league earlier this year.

The official NBA 2K League will feature real eSports teams for 17 of the 30 NBA franchises in its inaugural season. This marks the first eSports league owned and operated by a major professional sports league, with the first season set to tipoff in 2018.

Tryouts and roster construction are still ongoing, but it’s a fascinating idea. eSports as an industry is on the rise, as is the competitive NBA 2K scene, and the NBA has always been fairly progressive with regards to trying new things. One of the many upcoming steps in the development of the NBA 2K League is the league’s official logo, which the NBA revealed on Monday.

The official logo features a mix between the NBA’s classic red and blue colors, the NBA 2K font we’re all so used to seeing, and a resemblance of the seam on a basketball. The NBA also dropped a video revealing the process behind coming up with the logo.

Now that the NBA 2K League has showed off its logo, it’s time for the 17 teams involved to get in on the fun and unveil theirs. If you want to check them all out, have no fear, as every team will reveal theirs this week.

I wish they would have took the time to design the jerseys and courts as if they were real. It looks like they got a random 2k player that has no interest in uniform design to make the court and uniforms. The uniforms and court look incredibly basic and uninspired to me. 

I like a lot of these. Particularly Philadelphia's, Milwaukee's, Portland's, and Detroit's logos. Speaking of the Pistons, I swear that I've seen that somewhere before: 

@BlackBolt3 might want to get in touch with the designers of this logo (unless he worked on it).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

38 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

@BlackBolt3 might want to get in touch with the designers of this logo (unless he worked on it).

I WISH. Honestly, I had already seen a few other concepts like logos in a similar manner, so my idea isn't truly original. I'm kinda surprised it took this long for someone in the Pistons organization to use a logo like that, although it probably won't be used in a on-court manner. But if anybody can get me in contact with RARE Design for a job opportunity once I get out of Clemson that'd be appreciated, please and thank you.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived