NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

4 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Huh, so all teams?

Last I had heard it was going to be 18-26 teams getting thirds with the thirds being a  mix of new looks, previously used alternates or a throwback style.

This sounds more reasonable to me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2017 at 10:24 PM, insert name said:

Blackhawks should bring back the black alts. Those were pretty cool. 

EP-150539978.jpg&updated=201505291229&Ma

12 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

If they must have one, this should be the Blackhawks alternate. 27587.jpg

I too would prefer the throw/fauxback look instead of the more standard black jerseys. But if they do go with standard black, I'd prefer a couple of subtle changes:

1) Have the striping more closely match the red jersey, so instead of red-black-white-black-red, make them red-white-black-white-red.

2) Change the shoulder logos from the red jersey version to the white jersey version.

I've mocked it up below:

yHVIqXo.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

That's not bad but the main crest kinda gets lost in the darkness. And knowing how protective they are of that logo, I doubt they'd add an outline.

I'd prefer the outline on the black jerseys, too. Something like this then:

YZpC8Pi.png

The Hawks used to have a tan outline on their logo up until 1999.

s-l500.jpg

eddie-olczyk.jpg

13 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

If Lou was the GM, that would be certain. Now? Who knows...I wouldn't be surprised it the made a completely new design.

Let's hope not.

This current regime has already shown they know nothing of proper hockey aesthetics...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

6 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

If Lou was the GM, that would be certain. Now? Who knows...I wouldn't be surprised it the made a completely new design.

The greens are beloved. I mean I'm personally not crazy nostalgic for them but there was a push by the Devils fans for years to get them to bring back the greens and Lou finally relented (not an easy thing to do) I think they'll be back again. Devils fans didn't react all to well to the redesigned home jersey so I doubt they'll do something too crazy for alts

fwiw the games I've been to I see very few new style jersey. 

21 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I'd prefer the outline on the black jerseys, too. Something like this then:

YZpC8Pi.png

The Hawks used to have a tan outline on their logo up until 1999.

s-l500.jpg

eddie-olczyk.jpg

Honestly, that outline doesn't look good. And I just cannot see the current administration tweaking that logo.

11 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Honestly, that outline doesn't look good. And I just cannot see the current administration tweaking that logo.

The outline looks better on the black jersey than the red jersey, at least around the hair. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Agreed at least that the outline doesn't look good on red...

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The outline looks better on the black jersey than the red jersey, at least around the hair. 

but it's necessary on black to make the logo more visible.

On December 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM, AstroBull21 said:

I hope the Lightning go with black but inspired by the original jerseys with current logos.

IF (big if there) the fan survey that circulated a while ago is relied on in designing the new look, it will be a black jersey with a non-BOLTS logo and plenty of blue and possibly gray/silver accents or stripes. 

23 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The logo needs tweaks, namely how the embroidered Indian Head is copper while the graphic presentation is a sickly yellow-orange.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 13/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

The greens are beloved. I mean I'm personally not crazy nostalgic for them but there was a push by the Devils fans for years to get them to bring back the greens and Lou finally relented (not an easy thing to do) I think they'll be back again. Devils fans didn't react all to well to the redesigned home jersey so I doubt they'll do something too crazy for alts

fwiw the games I've been to I see very few new style jersey. 

I can never understand critics of the Devils' classic red and green look and the constant "Christmas" label. Red and forest/hunter are very unique and also go very well together. The Milwaukee Bucks have had the same colours, with green being the primary, for most of their existence. If a team wore red with kelly green, then I would have no issue with the Christmas label critique. 

Archived