NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Just did a quick color check. The left color box is the color of the B as compared to black. It's definitely brown, though it's pretty drastically different from any color brown the Bruins used in their other winter classic jerseys.

kYHBGDi.png

When I think of brown, that's definitely not what comes to mind.  I never knew that was a shade of brown.  It looks more grey to me, to be honest.  If they were to actually go with that, I would think that a lot of people wouldn't also think it was brown.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, the admiral said:

They had their "we can't/won't give you the New Year's game" game there a few years ago. Like everyone who plays outside, they beat the Blackhawks.

Yeah, I was going to try to get out to that one, but I figured just like every other outdoor game, it would just be another throwaway game for the Blackhawks. The Wild sure got up for it though. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

23 hours ago, the admiral said:

They had their "we can't/won't give you the New Year's game" game there a few years ago. Like everyone who plays outside, they beat the Blackhawks.

Except for the Penguins, since Crosby still has yet to win a game in his career in Chicago. We're .500 in home outdoor games!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

There needs to be a WC held at The Horeshoe between the Jackets and Red Wings. 100k plus witnessing Ohio vs Michigan. Jackets would wear inaugural darks, Wings traditional white.

I like that idea. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 8/25/2018 at 2:44 PM, Chromatic said:

I think red and green can look great together, it just happens most teams are afraid to pair them due to the christmas associations, so there isn't a very long track record to go by.

I'm inclined to see it more as a matter of color theory. The number of teams using contrasting colors across professional sports (in the US at least) is relatively small. Of the primary and secondary colors, orange and blue is by far the most popular across all sports, while purple and yellow is a distant second. Red and green appears to be the least commonly used, however I'm not convinced "christmas colors" is to blame.

One thing that orange and blue, and purple and yellow have going for them is that purples and blues lend themselves to darker shades while yellow and orange tend towards brighter shades. I don't know if anyone else was taught this, but when I was just starting out I was told to periodically view designs in greyscale in order to see how the color values space out. Ideally the colors used in the design should occupy different, visually distinct, values (ie a dark, a medium, and a light). Red and green can present a challenge in this respect, especially when it comes to athletic designs. Light shades of red (ie pink) are generally shunned, and until recently shades of green lighter that kelly green were few and far between. Due to these limitations teams that use red and green frequently use colors with vary similar tonal value resulting in a "muddled" or "dull" look. The exception that appears to prove the rule is the Atlanta Falcons Hawks who use a lighter shade of green to contrast against a more conventional red (coincidentally I could very easily see Seattle taking a similar approach).

Another consideration is that red and green are the two most common colors to be impaired by colorblindness, which is a disorder that is predominantly found in men. It's entirely possible that the red green color combination is less popular because it's the most likely to go unseen (or mis-seen) by the primary audience for professional sports. 

12 hours ago, Thaumatrope said:

The exception that appears to prove the rule is the Atlanta Falcons who use a lighter shade of green to contrast against a more conventional red (coincidentally I could very easily see Seattle taking a similar approach).

Um, you mean these Falcons? Because I don't see any green there...

atlanta-falcons-quarterback-matt-ryan..j

1 hour ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

Um, you mean these Falcons? Because I don't see any green there...

atlanta-falcons-quarterback-matt-ryan..j

I think you can deduce from the rest of the comment that he meant to say Hawks. Personally, I see the Hawks color scheme as a take on red and yellow more than red and green (both visually and factoring in their historical use of red and yellow).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

27 minutes ago, Ark said:

After thinking about it the Seattle team should use green, red and gold, similar to the 90s Sonics

nba_g_kemp_payton_sonics.jpg

Uh, that's basically a slight variation on the Wild's color scheme.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I think you can deduce from the rest of the comment that he meant to say Hawks. Personally, I see the Hawks color scheme as a take on red and yellow more than red and green (both visually and factoring in their historical use of red and yellow).

I didn't even think of the Hawks, and I live in Atlanta ?

I could see how their neon could be read as green, but I still think of them as a red and black team with neon accents. I think their color scheme resembles the current Calgary Flames in terms of execution more than the Wild or former Milwaukee Bucks.

On 8/25/2018 at 7:26 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Maybe it's just my computer screen, but it looks like the Bruins B that was released is actually brown... So I have a feeling we'll be seeing this jersey, rather than the black version... 

I checked on photoshop and you've got right, it's dark brown. On my monitor it looks more like black, but on that picture which was posted by Lafarge I can see differences on color, it must be an optical illusion..

4r2eer.png

the way the hem is curved, 00 would look like a smiley face

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived