NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blue Oilers jersey looks too much like the Islanders but not as good. If they didn't win in the 80s, no one would have any attachment to it. It's fine for a throwback alternate though.

That being said,

GettyImages-914689602-1024x648.jpg

is better than

JKgTazL.jpg

and I would love to see a navy alternate.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

If they didn't win in the 80s, no one would have any attachment to it.

Aunt, balls, uncle; they did win and now it's associated with some of the best hockey of all time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

So why tarnish that by associating it with the gem studded turd they have right now?

Hey, the Dead Wings didn’t ruin the Red Wings’ traditional look. The 1990s-‘00s Blackhawks didn’t trash their iconic set. No amount of terrible teams hurt the Rangers’ uniforms. The current Devils wouldn’t have ruined Brodeur’s uniforms (post-Lou management did).

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Hey, the Dead Wings didn’t ruin the Red Wings’ traditional look. The 1990s-‘00s Blackhawks didn’t trash their iconic set. No amount of terrible teams hurt the Rangers’ uniforms. The current Devils wouldn’t have ruined Brodeur’s uniforms (post-Lou management did).

I’d be inclined to agree with you, but those teams didn’t change sets multiple times since the end of their success. They’ve consistently worn the same thing through thick and thin. The current iteration of the team has as much attachment to the copper and navy uniforms as they do to the 80’s ones. I’m aware this is an unpopular opinion but just like those two sets represent different eras in Oiler history, I actually like the idea of them sticking with orange for the McJesus era. It’s not a radical departure but it’s different enough to not feel like they’re desperately trying to remind everyone Gretzky played for them.

1 hour ago, poser said:

this is bad

Disagree. I think this is a really solid anniversary logo. Not "bad" by any stretch of the imagination.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think the Oilers 80s jersey is very superior to the Islanders’ classic look. The Isles don’t even wear the blue jersey from their 4 straight cups, which is stupid. 

What the Isles wear today is probably one of the more overrated looks in the league. The big block striping is kinda ugly on their blue jersey. The white jersey is fine, but still inferior to the Oilers white. 

I think the Oilers need the yoke on the dark jersey because it adds more colour. Would help them maintain some illusion of an ‘Orange Crush’ if the jerseys have more orange. 

No orange shoulders would make them look too similar to Buffalo, Winnipeg, Columbus. Teams that wear a solid navy Home with not a lot of other colour. 

16 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

On the other hand, the Bruins changed looks several times from the 60s onward, though they never had many truly terrible teams since the late 60s (maybe 1996-97 or 2005-07).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived