NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

No!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2018 at 10:45 PM, njdevs7 said:

From Paul Lukas on Twitter: The Devils will wear green-trimmed throwbacks for four upcoming games: Dec. 23 vs. Blue Jackets, Jan. 10 vs. Maple Leafs, Jan. 31 vs. Rangers, and March 1 vs. Flyers.

Dun-M-nXgAArAG0.jpg

Nice jerseys, I like the colours. Dislike the collar ruining everything though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 12/17/2018 at 6:45 AM, njdevs7 said:

From Paul Lukas on Twitter: The Devils will wear green-trimmed throwbacks for four upcoming games: Dec. 23 vs. Blue Jackets, Jan. 10 vs. Maple Leafs, Jan. 31 vs. Rangers, and March 1 vs. Flyers.

Dun-M-nXgAArAG0.jpg

Those jerseys should have never been changed to begin with. If the green were changed to burgundy instead of black to give the club a two-tone red look, that would have been cool.

Perhaps first shot of what the full Winter Classic uniform will look like for the B’s. I suppose not necessarily 100% for sure but seems like it’d be accurate for the socks and pants. 

Brad_Marchand_Boston_Bruins_2019_NHL_Win

ID306CV_Brad-Marchand_Front_preview.png

Also, haven’t seen it anywhere but have to figure the Bruins will wear these again later when they play Carolina at home where we already know the Canes will wear the Whalers throwbacks 

3 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

Caps should go retro full-time.

Right after finally winning a championship in their contemporary look?  If anything they should retire the retro jerseys and finally give their main set a proper alternate.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

The one year they win the Stanley Cup is the one year that the Caps dropped their retro alternates. Leave them in the past and design a more modern third sweater.

Agreed. I think the Caps could use a refreshed set of logos, and I think their current uniform is getting dated as well, but I don’t think the 70s look is the right answer. They need something in between, possibly using the 70s look and the 90s look as inspiration, but something cleaner in its design, like something with the vibe of the Stadium Series jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Reverting back to a previous uniform is not always the answer, especially when said previous set looks even worse than the current uniforms. In fact, it’s rarely the answer, but nostalgia seems to usually win over deciding to look better.

And in the event that they actually should go back to a previous uniform because it’s almost unanimously agreed to be superior, the team usually avoids it like the plague. Because who likes good design, right?

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

I’d almost rather see them go back to the DC Blue and Bronze. The W-eagle looks great in that scheme and seems a natural evolution of the previous eagle.  But it was a nice, unique color scheme.

I see no reason why they can't go back to that scheme for a new alternate, maybe something that ties it to the current branding.

Another option would be to use something similar to their recent WC jersey.  They could add some white to the hem & sleeve stripes and maybe give it a blue and bronze hanger effect.

XGa5xhC.jpg

At any rate I'm tired of the Capitals retro look serving as their full time alternate.  Especially since their current jerseys are (more or less) a modern take on that look.

This is a long shot, but does anyone have any information on the Red Wings and Blackhawks wearing their 75th anniversary jerseys randomly on Jan. 27, 1994, two years after the anniversary program ended? 

This is all I could find as far as videos or pictures from that game go. 

2 hours ago, NickNolanPhD said:

This is a long shot, but does anyone have any information on the Red Wings and Blackhawks wearing their 75th anniversary jerseys randomly on Jan. 27, 1994, two years after the anniversary program ended? 

This is all I could find as far as videos or pictures from that game go. 

Amyre Makupson is the fakest name ever

13 hours ago, daniel75 said:

They need to burn those along with their current monstrosities and go back to the blue and bronze Eagle.

The fasciantion with the bronze, black, and slate blue confounds me. 

It was never that great a look. 

6 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The fasciantion with the bronze, black, and slate blue confounds me. 

It was never that great a look. 

Oh but it was. Not only did it have an intresting and unique color scheme, but more importantly that jersey actually had a primary logo.

Archived