NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Maybe it’s because I was still playing hockey when those pads were new? They don’t catch the eye to me. I see them and go “oh that stock Reebok design every other goalie had back in 2005.” It’s just visual white noise to me. 

I like them just because they use more color than most pads.  So many goalies go with mainly white pads it gets pretty boring.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2018 at 6:43 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The NBA has become a joke. Horrible templates, every team has 17 uniforms, there's sleeves, there's stupid city nicknames, there's stupid logos on the front. Just no. With the exception of a small handful of teams, the NHL finally looks good. 

The worst part has to be the confusing names they give to all those uniforms though, right? What are they, "icon", "association", yada g-ddamned yada, like, why the hell can't we just call them, I dunno, "first choice", "second choice", etc. like they do over in Europe with soccer uniforms? 

Because I like the NBA's idea, honestly, but, like you said, too many uniforms as it is and just the names of each uniform, why? 

--

Re: Bruins '95-'07 uniform set - on the balance, I never had a problem with them other than the half-stripe pattern on each arm. Either do a full 360 degree striping pattern or none at all (in this case, none at all would've been better, because it's just too busy there otherwise). The manner in which the Bruins updated their logo after the '07 season into what it is today really made their previous logo look dated almost instantly, though. Which, on one hand, is the point of updates, but the difference was really stark in this case. Much more significant, IMO, than the update the Sharks logo got that same summer, for instance.

spacer.png

On 12/12/2018 at 6:43 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

RageFace.jpg

The NBA has become a joke. Horrible templates, every team has 17 uniforms, there's sleeves, there's stupid city nicknames, there's stupid logos on the front. Just no. With the exception of a small handful of teams, the NHL finally looks good. 

I agree so much that if I could, I would post you're exact post every day. I hate what the NBA has done. I turn on a game and I don't even know who's playing. Team uniforms should be an extension of the team's legacy and identity, I get the money grab S*&t, but the NBA has taken it way out of control. tigerslionspistonshabs if I could give you 1000 likes for your post, I would.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, monkeypower said:

The Ducks are doing what they are calling Silver Celebration Week from February 10-17. 

They play the Canucks on the 13th and are hosting a "special Tribute Night" to the Mighty Ducks movie, so maybe we could see a warm up appearance from the movie jerseys à la the other jersey tribute nights?

There's also Anaheim Ducks Day at California Adventure Park on the 11th as part of this week. Definitely sucks that my school's winter reading week (week off of school) is the week after.

Indeed, the Anaheim Ducks, for the first time ever, will wear the Mighty Ducks movie jerseys on the ice for warm-ups that night.

Part of me hates it, but a bigger part of me loves it. I really kind of appreciate the fact that this year they've really kind of turned hard into the "yeah, 25 years ago we were made because Disney had a kids hockey movie called the Mighty Ducks. What about it?" Just own it. Be who you are. It's fun.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

UNPOPULAR OPINION: Other than the collars (which could be getting fixed next year) adidas has done a really good job with the NHL. The jerseys are snug enough but also have some of the billowy flow from the pre-Edge days. The hem stripes are also executed much better than with Edge. 

17 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/12/14/penguins-flyers-logos-for-2019-stadium-series-unveiled/

If it is indeed and orange vs black matchup, can’t have both teams wear black helmets right? Maybe orange helmets for the Flyers?

Not necessarily the ducks and kings wore this during their stadium series match

Corey+Perry+2014+Coors+Light+NHL+Stadium

Just now, daniel75 said:

So i’m guessing the Lightning have scrapped plans for releasing their thirds after the backlash (deservingly so) from the leaked image we saw a couple months back.

I think this might be the case, because when available they wear alts against Toronto at home and nothing released before this last Thursday’s Lightning-Leafs game.  

And before most most backlash hit, the Bolts FO went public in saying the design process wasn’t complete so maybe they were right.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:51 PM, monkeypower said:

Unrelated to 2018-19 NHL, but where do people stand on this Bruins set? I've always kind of liked them.

Andrew-Raycroft-575x397.jpg

57064503-andrew-raycroft-of-the-boston-b

A small thing that always bothers me about this set is the inconsistent colouring of the numbers. The black sleeves have white numbers outlined in black & gold on them, but the black jerseys have gold numbers outlined in black & white.

I have the same problem with the Avs current set (white & blue numbers on burgundy sleeve, white & sliver numbers on burgundy jersey).

On December 14, 2018 at 3:01 PM, Ice_Cap said:

Not really, no. It was a stock design. You saw it all over the place, across all levels of hockey, back in the day. 

When I think of interesting goalie pads I think of 90s/early 2000s Brodeur or Potvin. Not stock designs from a catalogue. 

Indeed.

Huet

4044.jpg

Toivanen

b32b1cb6-f45f-42a6-add9-ab3793e1f98d.jpg

Bryzgalov

968f52c6d16f4570877f14af05e443e9_front.j

Clemmensen

16363.jpg

Luongo

5UWNA3ESDNEM3HTDWCVZT3NIMQ

Gerber

goaltender-martin-gerber-of-the-carolina

Cloutier

GettyImages-55986102.jpg

Garon

goaltender-mathieu-garon-of-the-los-ange

Turco 

marty-turco-of-the-dallas-stars-clears-t

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

20 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I think this might be the case, because when available they wear alts against Toronto at home and nothing released before this last Thursday’s Lightning-Leafs game.  

And before most most backlash hit, the Bolts FO went public in saying the design process wasn’t complete so maybe they were right.

It's hard to figure, too, why there's any kind of "design process" necessary. There are two black jerseys they could turn to - a throwback to the early '00s, or the black alt they used between 2014-2017. Either is acceptable. Both of them are decent designs in their own unique ways. Why the complications? 

spacer.png

On 12/15/2018 at 3:58 AM, DiePerske said:

This might have been true, but then adidias came in and ruined it with black socks at home. 

“Sorry, Mr. Neely, but no. I know what’s best for you and *that* is a stupid idea. We absolutely won’t have black socks made for you.”

I'm sure that would go over well. 🙂

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It's hard to figure, too, why there's any kind of "design process" necessary. There are two black jerseys they could turn to - a throwback to the early '00s, or the black alt they used between 2014-2017. Either is acceptable. Both of them are decent designs in their own unique ways. Why the complications? 

They simply wanted something new, so they designed something new.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Can you confirm if there will still be *something* worn this year?

I honestly don’t know what their plans are at this point.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived