NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

39 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Something so "wrong" about seeing teams based out of sunny LA and Vegas battling it out in shades of grey (with other colors mixed in). 

cut.JPG

Then go up the coast and play the Sharks in their all-black unis on Thursday nights.

Please, Seattle, go bright and bold with your unis! And it wouldn't hurt to be unique! That's my jersey wish for 2019.

Happy 2019, you guys! Thanks for making this a great site and discussion group. I love it. Props to the admins, too.

Happy 2019 NYYNYR!

My jersey wish for 2019 is for the Canucks to finally retire the irrelevant and corporate Orca.

VGK has a timeless classic. However, if LA were wearing their original uniforms, the Golden Knights vs Kings would make a beautiful matchup:

7de4dbea9e80c02acce819af5329c180.jpg_cf.jpg.12daa05071a2d20910b4bc8fabca7074.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Happy 2019 NYYNYR!

My jersey wish for 2019 is for the Canucks to finally retire the irrelevant and corporate Orca.

VGK has a timeless classic. However, if LA were wearing their original uniforms, the Golden Knights vs Kings would make a beautiful matchup:

7de4dbea9e80c02acce819af5329c180.jpg_cf.jpg.12daa05071a2d20910b4bc8fabca7074.jpg

OOhh  that would be a good uni match-up!

I guess you can have a Winter Classic without the winter part.  Dallas to host the 2020 Winter Classic. Would make more sense for a Stadium Series game then the Winter Classic, but at least there will be a new team involved.  Probably playing the Blackhawks, though.   Announcement to come during 2nd period of the Winter Classic, according to John Shannon.  Regina to host Heritage Classic.  No teams known yet.

2 hours ago, M4One said:

I guess you can have a Winter Classic without the winter part.  Dallas to host the 2020 Winter Classic. Would make more sense for a Stadium Series game then the Winter Classic, but at least there will be a new team involved.  Probably playing the Blackhawks, though.   Announcement to come during 2nd period of the Winter Classic, according to John Shannon.  Regina to host Heritage Classic.  No teams known yet.

Might want to take the non-logo related talk to the thread in the Sports in General section.

11 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

lagk.png

The Kings dropped the ball big-time by not going with a look similar to this ^^^ instead of jumping on the NFL Raiders' bandwagon. I probably would have kept the yellow-gold instead of going metallic.

The classic crown and purple would look great on white and as well as on Gretzky. 

I always find myself so torn with the Kings. Part of me thinks going purple and gold is the way to go and it would be nice to match with the Lakers again. Then there’s another part of me that goes “BUT GRETZKY MAN!” and the history nerd in me wants them in silver and black because that’s what the greatest of all time wore. I really don’t know which I prefer for them. I guess that means either-or is ultimately fine with me, so long as they do it right. And with that said, if they do stick with silver and black, they’ve got a little bit of work to do to get it right.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 hours ago, NYYNYR said:

Something so "wrong" about seeing teams based out of sunny LA and Vegas battling it out in shades of grey (with other colors mixed in). 

cut.JPG

Then go up the coast and play the Sharks in their all-black unis on Thursday nights.

Please, Seattle, go bright and bold with your unis! And it wouldn't hurt to be unique! That's my jersey wish for 2019.

Happy 2019, you guys! Thanks for making this a great site and discussion group. I love it. Props to the admins, too.

Better than 50 shades of grey.

11 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I always find myself so torn with the Kings. Part of me thinks going purple and gold is the way to go and it would be nice to match with the Lakers again. Then there’s another part of me that goes “BUT GRETZKY MAN!” and the history nerd in me wants them in silver and black because that’s what the greatest of all time wore. I really don’t know which I prefer for them. I guess that means either-or is ultimately fine with me, so long as they do it right. And with that said, if they do stick with silver and black, they’ve got a little bit of work to do to get it right.

I feel they had something going when they had the silver, black and purple. The LOS ANGELES was super unnecessary but this was still a good set. 

LA-Los-Angeles-Kings-White-Jersey-2002-0

XM4KeeA.png

The Kings are unique in that they have two, possibly even three, distinct color schemes that have a long history and would make for fantastic branding. Whether you want them to wear purple and gold, black and silver, or purple and black is simply a matter of personal opinion because all three have very valid arguments for being the "true" color scheme of the Kings. 

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I feel they had something going when they had the silver, black and purple. The LOS ANGELES was super unnecessary but this was still a good set. 

LA-Los-Angeles-Kings-White-Jersey-2002-0

Using that same template^^^ but without the pointy yoke, change the black to silver and the silver to yellow-gold. Team colours would purple(home), silver, yellow-gold(3rd jersey base) and white(away). Go back to the classic crown and block font. White away base with silver is a tribute to the Gretzky era while the purple and gold are Kings' true original colours. The NHL would finally have a purple team. 

I absolutely agree that the Kings have never really had a bad identity. The Forum Blue purple & gold looked fantastic, as did the silver & black of the 90s, and even the purple & black of the 00s looked great until the Edge makeover. Really the only Kings identity that I don't particularly like is their current set, the black & silver white V2, but even it isn't awful, just kinda "meh". Part of me does wish they'd use a little colour again, but at the same time their old black jerseys looked so good as well... 

EDIT: Having said that I think the 00s look dipped a bit when they switched logos in 2002, because I thought the coat-of-arms was much better than the crown:
106.png

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Kings are unique in that they have two, possibly even three, distinct color schemes that have a long history and would make for fantastic branding. Whether you want them to wear purple and gold, black and silver, or purple and black is simply a matter of personal opinion because all three have very valid arguments for being the "true" color scheme of the Kings. 

Black and silver: Gretzky changing the course of hockey, two championships in three years

Purple and yellow: moribund laughingstock franchise, that one time Daryl Evans singlehandedly knocked off the Oilers

Purple and black: [SCENE MISSING]

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Good looking matchup last night:

yAVHkIG.jpg

When the Jets 1.0 updated their look in 1990, they should have kept the original ○_/ETS crest with the same uniform pictured. To be quite honest, I'm loving the classic crest more than the RCAF crest, which I also like.

Archived