NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I'm not saying about thousands, but I'm pretty sure few jerseys are still sitting in warehouse just for case.

Nope. Jerseys are produced and shipped direct to teams based on their orders, there is no warehouse storage at the factory and Reebok/Adidas do not keep extras offsite.

Only one archived sample is kept by the factory and Adidas/Reebok.  Any extras that teams ended up with after the brand change were probably sold off.

Teams and companies don't keep whole jersey sets of old styles just laying around "in case".

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wally1912 said:

The gold on the name and numbers is dye sublimated onto white twill with decorative stitching around the edges of the gold parts. I think it appears a shade lighter with that application instead of true gold twill sewn on top of a separate layer of white twill.

3822b_lg.jpeg

Not anymore it’s not. The Bruins used to do the sublimated numbers but with the Adidas takeover, they now use standard two-layer twill for their numbers. I own a game-worn Adidas Bruins and it’s layered. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Not anymore it’s not. The Bruins used to do the sublimated numbers but with the Adidas takeover, they now use standard two-layer twill for their numbers. I own a game-worn Adidas Bruins and it’s layered. 

The other variable in this issue is where a teams official lettering vendor buys their twill from. Different manufacturers have varying shades of the same "gold" or "royal".

They're all supposed to match a PMS standard but not everyone color matches under proper conditions using a light-box. The biggest factor is you have two different materials, 

the matte knit jersey fabrics and the shiny woven twill, everything is done to ensure they match as close as possible. back to the color standard and then ideally to each other.

But the nature of knit vs. woven will only allow it to be as close as possible.

10 hours ago, joekono said:

Kings13.png#1Kings08.png#2Kings29.png#3(Would be better if purple jersey had crown too)Kings16.png#4

After Reebok, the jerseys are bad. God, that logo is childish.:bonk:

The Puple/Black/Silver color scheme was their best by far, but the execution was a bit too busy.  I really wish they'd go back to that, especially since purple is completely unrepresented in the NHL.  I think there is a good hybrid of era's that can come together using that color scheme and the more blocky/traditional setup of the gretzky and cups eras.

The purple and yellow... I don't like at all.  Never did as a kid growing up either.  it's too bright and clownish on the ice.

The Kings were first relevant in black and silver and they won two Cups in black and silver. They’re a black and silver team, I think. 

Seriously, the team was a joke when they were wearing purple and black. 

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Kings were first relevant in black and silver and they won two Cups in black and silver. They’re a black and silver team, I think. 

It’s like when people insist that the Mariners should return to royal & yellow or the Devils should bring back red & green. They were irrelevant jokes when they wore those looks full-time.

Also, I’d argue that the LA Kings were one of the few cases where purple/black/silver looked good. The colors were fairly well-balanced and the purple shade was light/reddish enough to really stand out against the black. The Sacramento Kings and Rockies (especially with the old purple the Rockies used) haven’t gotten it to work as well.

4 hours ago, jdavidev said:

The purple and yellow... I don't like at all.  Never did as a kid growing up either.  it's too bright and clownish on the ice.

Purple and yellow go together as well as royal blue and orange(Islanders & Oilers) and royal blue and yellow(Sabres vintage). The NFL Vikings have worn it for decades. Same as the NBA Lakers. It's bold and distinctive. 

I can't see anything wrong with the Kings' original purple and yellow look(minus the yellow pants).

I would go with white(away), yellow-gold(3rd), silver and purple(home).

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Who cares they looked great. 😉

12 hours ago, Timaa said:

Any word on the all-star jerseys and/or the Philly/Pitt Stadium Series jerseys?

I’d say we should have ASG jerseys soon, because last year they were released first week of January for the team captains.

19 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Purple and yellow go together as well as royal blue and orange(Islanders & Oilers) and royal blue and yellow(Sabres vintage). The NFL Vikings have worn it for decades. Same as the NBA Lakers. It's bold and distinctive. 

I can't see anything wrong with the Kings' original purple and yellow look(minus the yellow pants).

I would go with white(away), yellow-gold(3rd), silver and purple(home).

I disagree about the Orange/Blue and Blue/Yellow being the same... but the reason it works for the Vikings and Lakers is there is a good balance of white in their uni's.  The old kings were Purple and Yellow and very little white in the logo.  It was overload.  Even when they added more white, for the 80's updates, they screwed with the color balance and had purple and yellow almost split.

2 hours ago, jdavidev said:

I disagree about the Orange/Blue and Blue/Yellow being the same... but the reason it works for the Vikings and Lakers is there is a good balance of white in their uni's.  The old kings were Purple and Yellow and very little white in the logo.  It was overload.  Even when they added more white, for the 80's updates, they screwed with the color balance and had purple and yellow almost split.

Purple and yellow do complement each other like blue and orange. The classic original Kings' uniforms did have white bordering around their font and around their crown crest as well as in the pants striping. The original sweaters were designed very much like the Red Wings' red sweaters. Even the Sabres' classic royal blue sweaters and socks didn't have any white stripes. Yellow-gold is a primary light colour and is a nice alternative to white. The Kings had a colour scheme that represented royalty - one of my all-time favourite colour schemes in NHL and pro sports history. The problem was not keeping the colours when Gretzky joined LA. Instead, they contaminated the NHL with the BFBS disease. 

Kings09.png.ac383250262558cd518f314ba6c8fb63.png

7de4dbea9e80c02acce819af5329c180.jpg_cf.jpg.12daa05071a2d20910b4bc8fabca7074.jpg

The Atlanta Thrashers' 6-7 colour mess and the Kings' Burger King uniforms for example...now those were bad unis. 

Archived