NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

The most unimaginative jersey in the history of hockey. Black with dust on the sleeves. Wow.

If there was an art class and the assignment was to create a new hockey sweater and I handed this in, I would get an F for uncreativity. 

Just a quick paycheck for the boys in the office. This is just unbelievably awful. I’m convinced someone made a bet saying “I bet I’ll throw in nothing and they’ll accept the jersey” and BOOM! They actually got away with it. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, G-tron said:

I like it, they tried something different. Not every hockey sweater needs stripes, piping and/or yokes. I think the simplistic design will sell well with non-traditional fans.

They’re not what I expected at all, but it’s an alternate.  I’d rather see them test the waters on an alt with some elements than ruin a solid home and road set.

its a 7/10 for me and I’ll probably be getting one.  The wife loves them and we might get them as a wedding gift to each other 

The Lightning have been consistently disappointing with their jersey designs for a pretty long time, so I had no real expectations for this. 

I guess its fine since its just a third. I like when third jerseys are somewhat of a departure from the main set. Not great execution here, maybe give it a 5.5/10.

But in a weird way, i think it actually excites me more than all of the throwback retreads we got for third jerseys from the rest of the league.

What did we get like 4 new alternate designs all season? 

19 minutes ago, rainmaker17 said:

Daryl Reaugh just called Nashville’s uniforms “Radioactive cat urine yellow.”

Yeah, and the Penguins & Bruins should really do something about their radioactive-cat-pee trim.

Since the Lightning's primaries resemble the Red Wings, maybe they should also follow their footsteps in not having an alternate jersey.  Every one they've had has been bad.  The best was in 2008 and even then it wasn't that great with the nickname wordmark and trim going to nowhere.

Who honestly thought these were a good idea? Can't even read the damn numbers on TV.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Since the Lightning's primaries resemble the Red Wings, maybe they should also follow their footsteps in not having an alternate jersey

Maybe this is why Yzerman left? I wouldn't blame him.

12 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Daryl Reaugh just called Nashville’s uniforms “Radioactive cat urine yellow.”

Their original yellow alts from the 2000's were definitely cat urine colored...thats for sure.  That mesh overlaying the blue just never looked right.

Nashville-Predators-Alternate-Jersey-Lar

The jersey is taking a swing at something and I don't think it particularly succeeds with the whole thing being too dark. My biggest issue is the number on the back. When has dark colored numbers placed on a jersey of the same color as the number ever looked good? It's not as legible, it doesn't look as good as a single color number would have, it's clunkier and heavier looking.

Ohio State women's hockey got some headlines recently for wearing an illegal jersey when Nike decided black numbers with a thin, rubbery red outline on a black jersey was a good idea: https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/womens-hockey/2018/10/20/18004022/ohio-state-women-penalized-for-illegal-jerseys

They had to start that game with a 2 minute penalty. Tampa's isn't as bad as that because the outline is much thicker, but I still don't think it looks good. 

Why do we keep doing this? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just watched the highlights. In game the sleeve effect gets lost, which is pretty much what I expected.

They're boring, but "practice jersey" isn't what I'd call them. They almost look like a rec league team that just started out and could only afford basic black equipment.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived