NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

1 hour ago, poser said:

Ugh...

The silver/white gradient on the logo looks so good on the black base in this photo. If they would use silver/white hem stripes and sleeve stripes with blue hems and cuffs, and call it a day, I don’t think anyone would be disappointed.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

The silver/white gradient on the logo looks so good on the black base in this photo. If they would use silver/white hem stripes and sleeve stripes with blue hems and cuffs, and call it a day, I don’t think anyone would be disappointed.

Is that an actual gradient or is the logo reflective.

21 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Daryl Reaugh just called Nashville’s uniforms “Radioactive cat urine yellow.”

Daryl Reaugh trying to put himself over by being too clever by half, well I never!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

32 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

It’s reflective.

It’s actually just a sublimated gradient on a shiny twill base. The effect turned out pretty nice. Much better than I expected.

Reflective would be great, though. Perfect team to do it for.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

59 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It’s actually just a sublimated gradient on a shiny twill base. The effect turned out pretty nice. Much better than I expected.

Reflective would be great, though. Perfect team to do it for.

Interesting. Were there any other options (pattern-wise) considered,

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

12 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Interesting. Were there any other options (pattern-wise) considered,

Early on there probably was, but they didn’t use any of that stuff. This design came in later and was heavily driven by the team.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't have a massive problem with it. Sure I don't think it's very creative or traditional but at least they're embracing black which I think we all agree should be apart of the current home set.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

9 hours ago, Bayne said:

I don't have a massive problem with it. Sure I don't think it's very creative or traditional but at least they're embracing black which I think we all agree should be apart of the current home set.

There are better ways to embrace black than this. Getting rid of blue just to go full black seems to be zero sum. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There are better ways to embrace black than this. Getting rid of blue just to go full black seems to be zero sum. 

Yeah of course there are better ways, but I like the fact that they're acknowledging black as opposed to completely ignoring its existence.

I also don't find the black alternates anywhere near as offensive as Carolina's cringe-worthy thirds.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

20 hours ago, poser said:

Ugh...

Apparently, based on the article, people are buying it up.

One redeeming thing is how the logo renders in this "uniform system" (love that term ;) ).

Could the whole thing be saved by wearing the blue pants??? Something to brighten this up. I don't really get the whole head-to-toe black look they are going for along with the Sharks. But I'm probably not the person they're marketing to, as I'm an established fan. 

Flyers have made changes to their alternate jersey helmets. Previously, the helmets were all black, and had white numbers outlined in orange. Starting today, the black helmets have white straps, and black numbers outlined in white, which now match the numbers on the jersey. Not sure of the reason for the change. (Also the team wears orange branded gloves with the black jerseys, but Giroux still wears the standard white branded ones)

0777710-C-6-A76-4565-A02-B-02913-B72896-8-D9-EFABF-781-E-4-D07-8530-91-ED88-E853

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived