NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Usually when you're cheering for a pro team, college rivalries don't mean much.  If a Columbus, Ohio team can wear navy, then a Raleigh team would likely be fine wearing light blue.

Perhaps. But navy doesn’t “pop” nearly as much as a baby blue. Hell, State used to

have navy trim on basketball uniforms, and it was hardly noticeable. However, baby blue

against red is a little more “eye-catching.” As tenants in the building primarily built for NC State basketball it’d be a risky move to start including colors of a rival in signage and uniforms. 

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RollWolfpack said:

Perhaps. But navy doesn’t “pop” nearly as much as a baby blue. Hell, State used to

have navy trim on basketball uniforms, and it was hardly noticeable. However, baby blue

against red is a little more “eye-catching.” As tenants in the building primarily built for NC State basketball it’d be a risky move to start including colors of a rival in signage and uniforms. 

Are there Hurricanes fans that attend Duke and UNC? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, RollWolfpack said:

As a NC State fan, I want nothing to do with any baby blue being incorporated by the Hurricanes. It’s bad enough UNC REX has a baby blue advertisement on the ice in PNC Arena. I’d like to see a departure from the old black uniform, but I think baby blue would be very unwelcome by a lot of folks in Raleigh. 

Well sure, but then, wouldn't logic dictate that the current scheme alienates fans of "the blue teams?" I mean it'd be one thing if UNC or Duke were three hours across the state, but they're both an average commute away at most. Might as well add some gold trim for WF fans, too. :-)

Honestly, the Falcons are the posterboyz for this concept. They wear UGA's colors in GT's own backyard. Is it that big a deal?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

This was a nice uniform.  I have no idea what the team has against that logo.  Just add a second flag.

mfV2enT.jpg

The logo is fine; IMO, that jersey is all-time bad.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:55 PM, Cosmic said:

The logo is fine; IMO, that jersey is all-time bad.

This was a much better jersey than anything else the Canes have worn before. It looks dark and stormy, and has a great striping pattern. The only problem was the socks... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

This was a much better jersey than anything else the Canes have worn before. It looks dark and stormy, and has a great striping pattern. The only problem was the socks... 

The all-black shoulder patch on a black jersey has to be the worst shoulder logo of all-time, and completely removing red from the warning flags strips them of their meaning. That’s before you even get to the white outlines on the crest and numbers that go against the “stormy” feel, and aren’t reflected in the striping. And you’re saying the socks are worse?!?! Are they clear?!

• 3 weeks later...

The Senators are expecting to change their jerseys next season, but now that Tom Anselmi is out as president and C.E.O., does anyone think it gets pushed back?  His main duty with the Sens was probably getting the new building since that's where he's had a lot of experience, but he seem to be the one behind the push to the O logo. 

At this point I have no faith in this organization making any smart decisions, off or on the ice, so who knows?

With that being said, if they were already planning on making the switch to the =O= for next year (which it seems like they are), I'm sure they would have had to submit the changes to the league by now.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, Morgo said:

This was a nice uniform.  I have no idea what the team has against that logo.  Just add a second flag.

mfV2enT.jpg

Maybe they wanted something simpler and they got tired of having a logo with all the little rugged edges. The reason I'm assuming this is because the Avs also eliminated their Bigfoot secondary shoulder patch, which had somewhat of a fur background with plenty of little fur lines. They went with a C with a circle in the middle instead. It could be that.

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Maybe they wanted something simpler and they got tired of having a logo with all the little rugged edges. The reason I'm assuming this is because the Avs also eliminated their Bigfoot secondary shoulder patch, which had somewhat of a fur background with plenty of little fur lines. They went with a C with a circle in the middle instead. It could be that.

What do you mean, "got tired of it"? How would a logo like that be exhausting?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 09/02/2018 at 9:52 PM, M4One said:

The Senators are expecting to change their jerseys next season, but now that Tom Anselmi is out as president and C.E.O., does anyone think it gets pushed back?  His main duty with the Sens was probably getting the new building since that's where he's had a lot of experience, but he seem to be the one behind the push to the O logo. 

You barely see the centurion logo in Ottawa anymore. The switch to =O= is pretty much a done deal. You don't even see it much in the Canadian Tire Centre.

Now this could just be an impression developed because they're pushing the merch from the NHL 100 game everywhere but I get the distinct feeling they may not simply promote the black alternates (with actual white) but go with predominantly red instead.  I may well be wrong on that, but it's an impression that's hard to ignore as you walk around town.

Ducks radio broadcaster confirmed the other day that Anaheim is indeed sticking with the current black jerseys for next season.

Slightly disappointing.

I would still expect a reintroduction of the previous orange jersey on the adidas template asap. Considering it’s still the most popular jersey around the building by far.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Ducks radio broadcaster confirmed the other day that Anaheim is indeed sticking with the current black jerseys for next season.

Ugh.

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I would still expect a reintroduction of the previous orange jersey on the adidas template asap. Considering it’s still the most popular jersey around the building by far.

I think it was said somewhere that all teams are getting alternates, so maybe it'll return next season.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

11 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Slightly disappointing.

Just....why???

11 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Slightly disappointing.

Any confirmation about orange as an alt???

Archived