NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

The OG 2-d logo wasn't rendered nearly as well as the new 2-d logo, but the nearly-symmetrical shape of the new one seems better suited for a sleeve patch rather than a main crest.  Sure, there's other totally round logos, but i like the asymmetry of the OG better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the new 3-D Centurion better than the other options on the survey, (the new 2-D logo is the best the Sens have), but the jerseys SUCK. There's no way of getting around that. It seems that anything that has to do with the Vintage look works for the Sens... I guess a crossover would make lots of fans, and people here, happy.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, uniformity said:

I'm annoyed with pretty much every team's uniforms since all day I dream about stupid looking collars took over. We already knew that European style soccer/football collars do not belong anywhere on an NHL uniform after the 2000 All Star game in Toronto but they actually made it worse by turning them into oversized toilet seats. Next are the socks. Who the hell do they think they are by daring to touch the Leafs and Bruins signature uniform element. And the Leafs classic uniform bottom hemstripes just gone. How? Why? And even teams like the Canucks and Blue Jackets now have these ridiculous looking massive stripes on the socks because of this pedantic belief that all stripe elements have to match on a uniform. They don't. Uniforms and logos so often look better with these quirky elements.

I suppose I'm being pedantic, but I prefer the Blue Jackets new socks to their old socks. I think it was a massive upgrade in correcting a 10 year long mistake and the whole uniform feels more cohesive and professional because now all the pieces fit together.

shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Only the Senators could ask for feedback on logos and uniforms and neglect to include two of their best options.  Having separate polls for logos and jerseys seems to indicate a willingness to mix things up, for example putting one of the profile logos on one of heritage templates if votes necessitated, so why not include all options?  The omission of any of the pre-1999 templates is baffling.

3 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Only the Senators could ask for feedback on logos and uniforms and neglect to include two of their best options.  Having separate polls for logos and jerseys seems to indicate a willingness to mix things up, for example putting one of the profile logos on one of heritage templates if votes necessitated, so why not include all options?  The omission of any of the pre-1999 templates is baffling.

Again, isn't this strange, as they have already moved forward on using the Heritage logo and jersey?

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I suppose I'm being pedantic, but I prefer the Blue Jackets new socks to their old socks. I think it was a massive upgrade in correcting a 10 year long mistake and the whole uniform feels more cohesive and professional because now all the pieces fit together.

Both the Blue Jackets and the Canucks new socks are massive upgrades from the previous socks. I mean the Jackets home socks are hard to see, but they're road socks are slick. The Canucks now only have a stripe on their pants that don't match instead of 3 different striping patterns. (Which looked amateur...)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

Both the Blue Jackets and the Canucks new socks are massive upgrades from the previous socks. I mean the Jackets home socks are hard to see, but they're road socks are slick. The Canucks now only have a stripe on their pants that don't match instead of 3 different striping patterns. (Which looked amateur...)

the 2007 redesign was basically the third jersey without black, a worse hem stripe, and fewer stars. The alternate uniform it was based on had sock stripes that matched the sleeves and hem. I have no idea why then they chose to use the triple stripes that matched nothing else in the set. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

20 hours ago, uniformity said:

I'm annoyed with pretty much every team's uniforms since all day I dream about stupid looking collars took over. We already knew that European style soccer/football collars do not belong anywhere on an NHL uniform after the 2000 All Star game in Toronto but they actually made it worse by turning them into oversized toilet seats. Next are the socks. Who the hell do they think they are by daring to touch the Leafs and Bruins signature uniform element. And the Leafs classic uniform bottom hemstripes just gone. How? Why? And even teams like the Canucks and Blue Jackets now have these ridiculous looking massive stripes on the socks because of this pedantic belief that all stripe elements have to match on a uniform. They don't. Uniforms and logos so often look better with these quirky elements.

While we blame Adidas, I put it on the teams for agreeing to the changes.  The Canucks and Leafs, I don't have that much a problem with.  The Blue Jackets would be okay if the stripes were actually thicker.  The Bruins, on the other hand, screwed up big time by getting rid of the yellow socks.  It just doesn't really look the Bruins at all.

22 hours ago, uniformity said:

.... even teams like the Canucks and Blue Jackets now have these ridiculous looking massive stripes on the socks because of this pedantic belief that all stripe elements have to match on a uniform.

Ironic coming from someone with the handle "uniformity"  LOL

BTW, they're hardly "massive"

13 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

I have no idea why the black and navy works but it does on that jersey

It gives the uniform some much needed definition by separating the yoke and hem.  The current whites are pure class but the homes are borderline bland.  The thinner striping/piping contributes but not as much as making the sleeve-to-shoulder yokes the same colour as the rest of the jersey.  It was the same problem the Wild had when they entered the league.

It's disappointing a white version of that alternate was never made.  It wouldn't even need to feature any black.  The current road configuration with the thicker striping/piping and more prominent stars would look fantastic.

Canucks new socks look better than before. The extra green really adds something in my opinion. 

Columbus just needs to add a hem stripe and they’d look fine. I don’t think every team has to have a super colourful home jersey, and for me, Columbus’ navy Home would be quite nice if they added that small tweak. My personal wish is that Winnipeg and Columbus would switch pant colours, provided Winnipeg re-designs their own jerseys. 

On 3/26/2018 at 11:07 AM, NYYNYR said:

Again, isn't this strange, as they have already moved forward on using the Heritage logo and jersey?

Perhaps they've already committed to the =O= as the primary logo and uniform (I like the theory that they're not including the '90s uniforms as an option so that the heritage jerseys win by a landslide), but are gauging how popular the 2-D would be on merch. They can still sell vintage logo tshirts without bringing it back as the primary. Right now most of the vintage apparel the team sells uses the pre-modern O logo below:

debb8400eda297388846e1aa7d806dd4.jpg

On 3/25/2018 at 4:36 PM, uniformity said:

The Leafs redesigned their logo and uniform at least a year before adidas started making hockey jerseys, broski.

Either way, the outfitter doesn’t make the call. The team does.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I know this news is at minimum 7 months old but since I don't watch Sens games it's new to me.

Having seen this while swapping through broadcasts today:

zFBz3Vo.png

I have zero doubt that =O= is primary next year. Now to hold out hope that updated 2D Senturion is shoulder patch.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

On 4/2/2018 at 9:42 PM, MiK said:

I know this news is at minimum 7 months old but since I don't watch Sens games it's new to me.

Having seen this while swapping through broadcasts today:

zFBz3Vo.png

I have zero doubt that =O= is primary next year. Now to hold out hope that updated 2D Senturion is shoulder patch.

You barely see the centurion logo inside the CTC (except on large fixed murals and such) or around town. The =O= is everywhere.  Even the game pucks use the =O= logo and have done so all season. The change is pretty much official at this point.  I think the only wildcard is that they may use red instead of black as the main colour on a heritage inspired primary (like the red NHL 100 Classic jersey).  It feels like they're going to leave the black primaries with Belleville and make the parent club red. I claim no special insight, just gut feeling.

From a report of the Sens town hall meetings with season ticket holders:

"Eugene Melnyk said based on season ticket holder suggestions the teams development camp hardest working player will now receive the Jonathan Pitre Award each year. Also a STH suggestion of having the Canadian flag somewhere on the uniform will be pursued."

If this actually happens, hopefully they just bring back this shoulder patch instead of lazily slapping a flag patch on, Calgary style.

STK-NHL-OTS-A2000-01.jpg

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

From a report of the Sens town hall meetings with season ticket holders:

"Eugene Melnyk said based on season ticket holder suggestions the teams development camp hardest working player will now receive the Jonathan Pitre Award each year. Also a STH suggestion of having the Canadian flag somewhere on the uniform will be pursued."

If this actually happens, hopefully they just bring back this shoulder patch instead of lazily slapping a flag patch on, Calgary style.

STK-NHL-OTS-A2000-01.jpg

I wouldn't be opposed to this but I'd hope that it's not just this logo as it existed at the turn of the century. I hope they'd put some effort into cleaning it up and making it a little more modern and dynamic.  Maybe using the shield motif on the heritage jersey shoulder patch as a container for a re-designed version.

Archived