NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

2 hours ago, Webhamster said:

I hope they'd put some effort into cleaning it up and making it a little more modern and dynamic.  Maybe using the shield motif on the heritage jersey shoulder patch as a container for a re-designed version.

It's the Senators...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SHaMROCK said:

Oh god no, why do every Canadian team have to shoehorn a maple leaf into their identity.  Only the Toronto Maple Leafs should have a maple leaf.  No one else!!!

Because Canada shoehorns the maple leaf into everything.

McDonalds_Canada.svgsears_canada_logo.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

This isn’t “Canada” though. These are foreign companies shoehorning a maple leaf onto stuff to try to appeal to Canadians. The only Canadian company I can think of that forces the “Canada rah rah” branding is Tim Hortons. And most Canadians hate that. They go to Tim Hortons because it’s cheap. Not because it’s patriotic. It’s not even good, but if you can get a coffee and snack for under 3$, that’s a pretty good deal.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, Lafarge said:

A foreign company should never be allowed to use the host countries identity or emblems.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

3 minutes ago, tigers said:

A foreign company should never be allowed to use the host countries identity or emblems.

I dunno.  They employ citizens of the host country, they presumably give back to the communities in the host countries, they contribute taxes to the host countries, and in some (if not many) cases are essentially separate entities from their home-country operations.

Also, through mergers and acquisitions and various other means, a lot of companies are technically owned by entities in other countries.  Anheuser InBev is an obvious example, but there's probably plenty of small little ones that you'd never think of.  I don't think Budweiser is going to suddenly stop their marketing to rural 'murica any time soon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If any team is actually going to slap the flag on their unis? Well I guess the team in the national capital and named after a branch of government is the most appropriate team to pull it off. Makes more sense than Calgary at least.

13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

If any team is actually going to slap the flag on their unis? Well I guess the team in the national capital and named after a branch of government is the most appropriate team to pull it off. Makes more sense than Calgary at least.

Or just put it on back of the helmet and leave it off the jerseys altogether. If national teams don’t use the flags then why should any other team?

31 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah. I don't agree with eliminating their awesome alternate logo that's fully representative of the Alberta region......for flags that don't even match.

Gone too soon...

574832014.gif

16 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

First LeBron ripping the sleeved Adidas jerseys and now Oshie cutting the collars out of his Adidas jerseys.

Have the collars been a common complaint from players?

I like that the collar isn't simply cut with scissors or ripped, that it's custom cut with the trim and everything. Brilliant haha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

14 hours ago, monkeypower said:

First LeBron ripping the sleeved Adidas jerseys and now Oshie cutting the collars out of his Adidas jerseys.

Have the collars been a common complaint from players?

That’s an... interesting look. I haven’t seen any other mods to the collar yet (though I generally don’t look for them).

Guess we found our first example of a guy who reeeeeally hates having the collar rub against his neck. :lol:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/15/2018 at 8:02 PM, habsfan1 said:

Gone too soon...

574832014.gif

You spelled "Never should have been on the Flames jerseys in the first place" wrong.  Ditch the black, bring back the 1989 jerseys, and all will be right in the universe.

Oh, wait, Edmonton needs to go back to royal blue too...

10 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

You spelled "Never should have been on the Flames jerseys in the first place" wrong.  Ditch the black, bring back the 1989 jerseys, and all will be right in the universe.

Oh, wait, Edmonton needs to go back to royal blue too...

Nah. Bring back the 2003-04 Flames set and we’re good. The 89s were fine but the 04 uninform was so visually interesting. 

As for Edmonton... blue homes instead of orange and they’re set. Aesthetically, anyway. 

11 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Nah. Bring back the 2003-04 Flames set and we’re good. The 89s were fine but the 04 uninform was so visually interesting. 

As for Edmonton... blue homes instead of orange and they’re set. Aesthetically, anyway. 

Agree on Edmonton...nope Nope NOPE on Calgary.

Archived